13) Doctors & more ice cream

So, only one person commented and they were pretty close so good job Absolute19 for guessing close enough, as the middle name is Marie and you guessed Maddison :) here's the chapter

Summers Pov

We walked into the building and greeted the receptionist. She told mommy to wait in a chair outside the room and took me in. A man with a beard and glasses sat behind a desk. On the other side of the desk was another chair in which I was told to sit.

"Hello summer, I'm doctor Devereaux."

"Hi." I said.

"Now I've heard that you had a bit of a scare last night. Could you tell me more about it?"

"It was like a persons shadow, really tall and it kept getting closer and closer."

"Did this feel like a bad dream?"

"It looked like it was a dream, but I was wide awake. I couldn't move my body or breath, but I could move my head."

"Oh I see, I think you have something called sleep apnea."

"What's sleep apple-ea?" When I said that the room was filled with doctor Devereaux's booming laugh.

"Sleep apnea is when you stop breathing at night either because something is obstructing or blocking your airways or the part in your brain that tells you to breathe stops working when you sleep. Let's bring your mommy in and I'll tell you more." He told me. Then he walked to the door and brought mommy in. She pulled up a chair and sat next to me. "Ms. Swift, are you aware of what sleep apnea is?" She asked mommy.

"Yes." Mommy said.

"Well there isn't a cure, but there are some things that can prevent it from happening along with the sleep paralysis, which is causing the hallucinations. I would recommend trying to get her to sleep on her tummy as that appears to be the action with the best outcome."

"Great, thanks." Mommy said.

"No problem, if there are any further problems please, alert us immediately."

"Ok." Mommy said.

"Bye bye doctor Devereaux!" I called as we walked out of the room.
----------------------
Taylor's Pov

After the appointment with doctor Devereaux, like I promised, summer and I got ice cream. She got chocolate and vanilla. She looked up at me and I laughed at the mess on her face. I took a picture and posted it with the caption 'someone's really enjoying her ice cream' I had recently told my fans about me adopting summer. Most of the responses were nice saying that she was so cute and they wanted to kidnap her (in a joking way of course.) but I chose to ignore the mean ones.

"Can Adam come over for dinner tonight?" She asked.

"I'll ask him."

"Do you love Adam?" She asked me.

"Oh not this again."

"No I'm serious, do you love him?"

"Well he's a very nice guy and we are in a pretty serious relationship, so.." I said, forgetting I was talking to a four year old.

"Cut the act, do you love the man or not?" She pressed. I gave her a look.

"I don't even know where that came from."

"I guess I love him."

"If you love someone you should get married!" She said excitedly.

"I don't think we're really ready to get married. Yet."

"You said yet." She giggled.

"Yeah?" I said as more of a question.

"So you can't get married yet! Not yet, but someday!" She sang. She skipped along the sidewalk and she jumped just a little bit too high. Her ice cream fell on he ground.

"Oops."