14) Haircuts & family

Taylor's PoV

We're flying out to see my parents parents tomorrow and summer hasn't stopped talking about it.

"We're going to see grandma and grandpa and uncle Austin, Adam!" Summer exclaimed. Adam has been coming over a lot lately and I love seeing the two of them together.

"Mommy, my hair is getting long. Can I get a haircut?" I thought about it. Her hair was very long. It's only an inch away from touching her bum. I was running out of ideas to style it and it usually takes me forever.

"If you really want to, I'll consider it." I said. She didn't like this answer.

"But I want it today." She said with puppy dog eyes. I shook my head. Her bottom lip began to tremble and I swear I saw a tear form I her eye.

"Why must you be so cute!" I asked picking her up and setting her on my hip.

"I don't know!" Me and Adam laughed.

"I guess you can get a haircut today." I sighed.

"Adam can come too?" Adam looked at me.

"Of course."
-----------------------
When we got to the hairdressers and they led us to a seat designed to look like a little pink airplane. Summer had insisted on having Adam carry her. "Mommy! It's funny because we're going to be on an airplane tomorrow!" She said. Just as they were about to start cutting her hair, a group of girls who looked to be about 16 ran up to me.

"Omg..ok I know this is a little weird but.... Can We get a picture?" One of the girls asked, clearly trying to stay calm.

"Sure!" I said. The girl took her phone out and snapped a few selfies with me and Adam.

"Adam, mommy! Look at me!" Summer exclaimed. I turned around and saw them brushing out Summers hair, which was now much shorter. I smiled.

"I love it!"

"Thanks for donating." The barber said, handing summer her hair in a braid.

"My hair really was long!" She said, marveling at the braid. I took a picture and posted it. When we got back to the car I looked back at Summer who was now scheduling another tea party with Adam. In a way, The haircut made her look a little more grown up. Then I realized that In three months, I will have officially had Summer for a year. I started getting a little emotional.

"You ok?" Adam asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just, my baby girl is growing up." I said, wiping a tear away and smiling.

"Don't cry mommy, I'll always be your baby."summer said. I smile. "And Adam, don't feel left out. Your kind of like a daddy to me." I could see Adam was a little surprised that she said that, but then he grinned.

"Really?" He choked out.

"Of course!"

After that we drove back to my house and I actually felt like we were a family.