Glowing

POV Bella

It's finally that time of the year again, it's summer. My life has been very hectic since I found my dad. I have fully recovered from the whole accident. I knew that telling Edward wasn't the right thing to do, but he was very stubborn and I'm a very bad liar. Annabella has been so worried about me, now before I go anwhere she needs to know every little detail.

I'm very excited for this vacation, after this little vacation I have to go to Florida to train with my father. He told me that he'd be the one who's gonna teach me. I didn't want to go back to Seraphinas house for her to train me.

The car pulled up. Annabella smiled at me.

"You ready Bells?"

I nodded ferverantly. I was excited. The Cullens had decided it would be fun to go on vacation. Granted, they have gone on many before. Okay. Let's rephrase. The Cullens decided it would be fun to take the clumsy human , to a privite summer beach house. I suppose it shouldn't surprise me that the Cullens owned a beach house, but it did. They even owned a huge chuck of secluded land around the beach. The place was pretty much a big island, so the vampires could go out in the sunlight without drawing attention to themselves.

I hadn't wanted to go, I'll admit. They've already spent a great deal of money on me, a fact I was not happy about, but Edward assured me it would be a low-key vacation. He told me it would be fun. I had to believe him. Besides, how could I argue when Edward, my own personal angel, was coming along?

Carlisle climbed out of the car and walked up the front porch.

"Bella. Annabella ." he nodded at us.

"Hello Dr. Cullen." Annabella said politely.

"It's nice to see you once again. And for once not in the emergency room," he joked. Carlisle laughed lightly. The sound was mesmorizing.

"Yes, Miss Bella here hasn't been in lately. We miss you over there." I rolled my eyes. As if he didn't see me enough as it was.

"Okay Bella, you're all set then?" Annabella asked. Uh-oh. Here come the tears.

"Yes Annabella."

"Did you pack another sweater?"

"Yes, don't worry. I've got it all under control, okay? I love you." I added. She gave me a quick awkward hug.

"Be careful Honey. Try not to fall down too much, okay? You're finally out of that cast."

"Don't worry Annabella ," Carlisle said convincingly, "she's more than safe with us."

"Bye Annabella !" I called, and carried all my bags to the car. Edward was out in an instant to unlock the trunk. He took the bags and threw them in with the rest, so quickly, I hardly knew he had done it. Then he grabbed my hand, and pulled me into the small car. The windows were tinted. It was empty.

"Wait. Edward, where are Alice and Jasper and-"

"The other car," he said lightly. I smiled slightly, as he allowed me to crawl into his lap and snuggle into his cold skin. He leaned down and pressed his cool marble lips onto my throat, which made my heart very nearly jump out of my chest. I snuggled closer, and he put his iron arms around me. I felt safe. Whole.

"I missed you." I whispered. I hadn't seen him since yesterday morning. He had been hunting

"Me too," he sighed. Then he placed on the seat beside him, and whispered, "buckle up."

I pouted. I had hoped he'd let me sit on his lap the whole way there. He laughed, as if he could read my mind.

"Don't worry. There'll be time for that later," he winked jokingly. I laughed, and rolled my eyes.