We Can't Stop

POV Bella

"BELLA! EDWARD! Come on, we're starting the fire!" I woke up with a start. I guess I had fallen asleep... Edward chuckled.

"Come on, love." Edward whispered, and we got up off the bed. It was dark outside now. I was groggy.

"How long was I sleeping?" I asked him.

"Three hours."

"Mmm..." I sighed.

"Hello Edward. Bella. You ready for this?" Carlisle asked. He was walking out with us with matches in hand.

"Sure thing." Edward answered.

"Bella!" Emmett called when he saw me. "Look, you haven't even hurt yourself yet!"

I rolled my eyes. "Thanks a whole lot Emmett. I love you too." I teased.

"Awwww!" He laughed, and pulled me into a bone-crunching hug.

"Okay Emmett. Okay. I have to...breathe..." He released me, laughing.

"Come on, you'll love this!"

"Okay..." I followed him to the fire pit, Edward following silently.

"Emmett! Do you have the gasoline?" Rosalie asked. She was helping Carlisle set up the fire.

"Yep!"

"Gasoline?!" I shouted. Everyone chuckled.

"Don't worry Bella, we know what we're doing." Edward whispered in my ear. I nodded.

As soon as the fire was blazing, Alice pulled out marshmellows. "Look guys! Bella, do you like marshmellows?" She asked me.

"Oh... well, yes." I admitted.

"Great! Here!" She tossed me the bag and a stick to roast them on. Everyone looked at me curiously, as I slowly took out a marshmellow, stuck it on the end of my stick and began to roast it over the fire.

"Honestly, that dosen't look very good Bella." Jasper told me.

"Mmm... it's not bad." I told him. I rotated the stick, and the marshmellow fell off in a melted heap. "Shoot!"

"Don't worry Bella, I got it!" Emmett yelled. To my horror, he stuck his hand in the flames, and grabbed the gooey mess.

"Eww!" Rosalie said, "Emmett, she's not going to eat that now! It's all dirty from the ashes!"

"Ick!" Alice said.

"Oh. Okay then," Emmett shrugged, and threw the heap back into the fire.

I took a sharp breath. Edward chuckled. "It didn't hurt him Bella."

"Okay...alright..." I sighed, and took another marshmellow from the bag.

Thirteen marshmellows, five songs, and hours of endless conversations later, I was surprised to learn it was two in the morning. I was feeling giddier than usual, maybe it was all the sugar...

"Do you want to go to sleep now Bella?" Edward asked. I giggled.

"No. I'm not tired!" I laughed at this, but it wasn't that funny. Seven pairs of topaz eyes stared back at me.

"I'm...so... hyper... Hahahahaha..." I was gasping for breath now.

"Bella? Are you okay?" Edward asked.

"She'll be fine..." Alice told him, "but maybe that's enough fire for tonight... Jasper and I will put it out, you guys go inside."

"What's inside?" I asked. Alice grinned.