Two Pieces

POV Bella

It had been two whole weeks since Emmett came back into my life. Two weeks full of growth, pain, passion, depth, discovery, talks in the kitchen, confusion, watching movies in my room, trips to La Push, anger and love.

Emmett secretly moved into my room because it seemed pretty ridiculous to go back and forth between my home and his vacant one. He kept his clothes in piles under my bed and I washed them while Annabella was at work. It was strange seeing Emmett in the same outfit twice since Alice kept the family wardrobe and once an item of clothing was worn it was old news.

God, I missed Alice... Her dainty stature, her dark brown pixie hair that flipped out every which way and a smile that lit up the room. I started writing her letters when they left but after I sent each one a return message came back stating that the recipients web address could not be found. I thought I had lost her forever, but by Emmett coming back I knew that Alice would soon follow. Then, hopefully, the rest of my family. But there were a few members of the Cullen clan that I was hesitant to see.

Rosalie had never been fond of me. In fact, I'm pretty sure she hated me. And she never had a reason to, until now. I had fallen in love with her husband. I surely had it in for me.

Then there was Edward, whom I once thought was the love of my life. It still hurt to think about him. Though, I wondered if that was because I still loved him. Is it even possible to love two people at once? I didn't know, but I soon thought I would find out.

I haven't been practicing magic at all, everyday I feel like a little of me disappears. Its like magic isn't apart of me anymore. I'm just a dull normal human. Average. Lucinda has been leaving messages, and sending me emails on when I want to see her again to practice magic. After losing..... him from my life, there's no point in trying anything anymore.

"Hey." I whispered as Emmett crept into my bedroom window.

"How was hunting?"

"Alright." He shrugged.

"No grizzly's?"

"Not today." He said as he laid down next to me and kissed my forehead.

"I thought you'd still be asleep."

"I can't sleep." I mumbled.

"Is something wrong?" He asked concerned.

"Well, I was just thinking..." I said quietly.

"I miss everybody."

"And by everybody you mean...?"

"Alice, Esme, Jasper, your family." Emmett shifted in the bed, obviously uncomfortable with the subject.

"Bella, when we left things got complicated."

I sat up and looked at him.

"Complicated?"