Windows Down

POV Bella 

"Bella! Will you please just be good?" Alice asked me. Edward had just left the room to let me change, and Alice had waltzed right in.

"Alice! I'm not wearing that!" She was dangling a bikini in front of me. It was a murky-green colour and it had a rhinestone flower on the hip of the bottoms, and on a corner of the top. It was a cute bathing suit. I just never had a thing for bikinis on me.

"Bella!" She whined, "do you know how much this cost?"

"No! And please… please do not tell me!" I moaned. I hated when she played this card.

"Well then?"

"No! Edward and all the others are out there!" I blurted.

Alice grinned at my outburst. "So that's what you're worried about? Edward?" She giggled. I blushed like crazy. But I nodded. "Okay, well, I have something you can put over it…" she offered. I sighed.

"Alice… Can't I wear a one-piece?" I sighed.

"What would be the fun in that?" She stuck out her tongue. "Besides. I don't have one for you!"

I suddenly wished I had remembered to pack a bathing suit. Alice even knew I had forgotten, but she was so excited about forcing me into this piece of misery that she decided not to mention it. "Do you have anything that covers any part of the stomach area?" I asked hopefully. She smiled slightly and shook her head.

"Well then, I guess I'm not swimming." I told her.

"Bella. You're swimming. Put the bathing suit on. I'll give you a pullover."

"I can't swim in a pullover."

"Yes, but nobody will see you in the water."

"Alice, I'll be in the ocean full of vampires. I'm sure people will see me." She was now behind me, pulling my hair into a tight ponytail.

"Please Bella? I won't put you through makeup torture tonight…" she offered. That was tempting… I hesitated. "Or tomorrow." She added.

"Deal!" I grinned. I couldn't say no to THAT.

"Yes!" Alice cried. She handed me the bathing suit. "I'll go get the pullover. Come to my room when you're ready… it's right next door."

I nodded in response, and sighed. I guess this was it…

I quickly pulled on the bathing suit. I looked in the mirror. I was surprised to see it didn't look horrible. I filled it out nicely, but it did show off a little more cleavage than I would have liked. The hair was long and streaming down my back in it's ponytail. Alright, so maybe this would be worth two makeup-less nights.

I hurried into the room next to mine, and Alice was already smiling. "It looks amazing on you Bella!" She cried. She gave me the promised pullover, and I put it over the bikini.

"Alice! This is sheer! It does nothing!" I cried. It did give a little more coverage, but it was sheer white with a little string at the top to tie it together. There was no point.

"I didn't say it did." She smile, teasing. "But Edward will love it Bella. Really. He'll love it." She implied.

"Alice!!!" I squealed.

"Come on!" She said excitedly. I noticed then that she had already changed into a pink string-bikini. At least my bottoms were more like shorts. She carried two towels out.

The boys and Rosalie were already in the water when we left the beach house. It was humid outside, and it was very sunny, making everyone glitter. Carlisle and Esme were sitting on the porch laughing and talking.