Surprise, Surprise

POV Bella

"Edward." I said sternly, looking him in the eye.

"I don't want to go and I'm not going to." I was standing my ground on this one.There was no way I was giving in. No way.

"Alice will be very upset, and she's been planning this for a month. Think of Esme and Emmet... This is the first birthday we get to celebrate in a very long time Bella. Just come." He looked so sincere... my defense was cracking. He was trying to guilt trip me and it was working, I tried to keep it off my face. I would win this one.

".. No. I refuse to celebrate this... this unholy-est of unholy days." I continued to look him square in the eye.

"It's your birthday! You're supposed to be celebrating! Come on, happy 18th!" He threw his arms in the air as a sort of celebratory action.

For Edward I thought this was a pretty sad attempt. This was the edge I needed.

"I don't want to celebrate." I said sourly.

"Bella," he said softly, taking my hand. Oh no... This is where he always got me. He took a step so he stood right before me, still gently clasping my hand. Any closer and we would be touching.

"Please come, just for a bit, it'll be fun." He was whispering now, I could feel his warm breath on my face. Continuing to look into his golden eyes was dizzying me, this was my braking point. I moved my mouth but no words came out.

"I'll be there with you the whole time, I promise." He'd moved his face so close that the intense liquid gold of his eyes was enveloping me. My breathe caught, come on Bella, I told myself; but to my dismay, I caved.

"Alright," I mumbled. God damn it.

"That's my girl." He smiled before brushing his lips against mine. He placed his arms delicately around me and I closed my eyes. This was my home.

"I don't want to be 18." I whispered into his chest.

"I know," he said softly. "But it'll be okay, nothing will change."

"I wish it would." I said wistfully.

"This feels like forever," he said softly, pulling me tighter.

"Do we really have to go to the party?" I asked, trying to keep the whine out of my voice.

"We can be late," he said in a naughty tone, before nuzzling his nose into my ear and nipping at my ear.

"Oh no you can't!" Someone said, before bursting through my door. It was Alice.

"Later." Edward whispered, before letting me go. And then I was filled with anticipation for later, and suddenly my birthday didn't seem so bad.

Alice jumped up and down, clapping her hands excitedly.

"You're going to love it, Bella" she said with a beaming smile.

"I told you," I said glumly.

"I don't want a big party. I don't want a party at all!" Alice, Edward and I were walking out to Edwards Volvo. Like ever day, it was drizzling. My hair was a giant frizz ball and that just made me more irritated.

"Give Alice a chance, Bella. Maybe you'll like the party." Edward looked down at me, his eyes glistening gold.

"It will only be us." He wrapped his arm around my waist and gave me a half hug. His other arm effortlessly held his, mine, and Alice's backpack. He had to try and look normal in front of everyone in school.

"But I hate parties." I whined.

"Oh, lighten up, Bella." Alice said, turning around and walked backwards in front of me.