Sleeping Is Over Rated

Logan had his own room and I slept in a dog bed in the corner of the room. I curled into a ball and rested my tail over my nose. I was drifting off into sleep but I heard a shuffling. I lifted my head and growled.

"It's okay Starlight," Logan murmured as he lit a cigar and sat on the end of his bed. He looked stressed like usual since I knew that he didn't sleep.

I rose to my paws and shook out my fur and began to groom my wings. "Can't sleep," I asked rhetorically.

He shook his head and extended one of his Adamantium claws. "I keep having nightmares about how I got these but I don't remember," he roared.

I strode over and rumbled as I pressed against him and tried to comfort him. "Does it really matter? I mean it happened. I don't fret over how I got my wings."

"Xavier told me that he would help me figure this out," he told me. "If we stay for a bit. Is that alright?"

I really didn't want to but I would for Logan's sake. "Sure," I murmured. "As long as I can stay away from that wolf-hearted Dagger!"

Logan reached out a paw and stroked my fur. "He can't be that bad."

I narrowed her eyes. "I see how you look at Cyclops. You don't like him either, do you?"

Logan let out a growl. "That's different."

"Is it," I asked as I rose to my paws and padded toward the door.

"Where are you going," asked Logan.

I turned with my head still in my shoulders. "Er just out. Hey I can't sleep so I might as well do something!"

Logan just shrugged and I strode into the dark hallways.