Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I quickly changed into my clothes for the day. I was pulling on my jeans as I smelt smoke coming from downstairs. I opened the bedroom door and ran down the stairs. I entered the kitchen to find Louis batting away flames on the stove with a dish towel. I ran to retrieve the fire extinguisher from its place near the back door. I aimed the nozzle at the fire and let the foam over take the flames.

When the fire was out, I looked at Louis with wide eyes. He stared at the pile of foam with a shocked look on his face. "What the hell were you doing?!" I asked. He looked over at me with a half smile on his face.

"Did you just curse at me?" he asked. What did that have to do with anything?

"Yes, I just cursed at you, and I'll do it again if you don't answer the question," I demanded.

He gave me a smug smile before answering. "I was making pancakes, and I left the room for two minutes to find my phone. When I came back, the stove was engulfed in red flames and black smoke."

"You are so lucky I was upstairs. If I wasn't here, your flat would probably have burned to the ground."

Blush rose on his cheeks. "You're right. I'm so sorry, Ellie. Thank you so much for saving my life," he joked. I laughed as he kneeled down and hugged my legs like a two year old.

"Get up, Louis. I'll make breakfast," I stated. Louis shook his head.

"I have a better idea." He pulled my arm toward the front door. Before I could protest, we were in the car and driving to our unknown destination.

"Where are we going?" I groaned, knowing he wouldn't answer my question. He looked over at me and smiled. To my surprise, he answered me.

"We're going to have breakfast at Harry's place," he said.

"Isn't he asleep right now? We won't be able to get in," I explained.

Louis shook his head. "I have a key," he said as a smug smile tugged at his lips.

"But isn't he asleep?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yeah, he's still sleeping. But what fun would it be if he was awake?" We pulled into the drive way of Harry's flat, and Louis raced to the door, key in hand.

Louis opened the door before I had a chance to speak. He grabbed my arm and headed up the stairs. We stopped in front of Harry's room. He put one finger to his lips signaling me to be quiet. I nodded my head as Louis slowly opened the bedroom door.

Harry was spread out across his bed in nothing but a pair of boxer briefs. The lines in his face were relaxed. His chest slowly raised whenever he breathed, and there was a very faint snore escaping his lips. Louis let a small and quiet laugh leave his lips. Before I knew what was going on, Louis pushed me on top of Harry. He let out a groan as I landed on him.

"Louis, what are you...," he stopped talking when he looked up and saw me laying on top of him. I could feel the blush appear on my cheeks as he looked at me. This was so embarrassing.

I pointed in Louis' direction as Harry sat up. "He pushed me," I said innocently. Louis darted out of the room and down the stairs. He was laughing uncontrollably.

I looked back at Harry to find him smiling at me. I realized I was still sitting on his lap and hurriedly got up. "I'm so sorry," I said as he stood up. His hair was sticking up in all directions and a smirk played at his lips.

"Don't be sorry, love. That was a great way to wake up." The heat in my cheeks grew as I looked down at my feet. Why did it seem I was always blushing around Harry? He stepped towards me and lifted my chin with his index finger. I looked into his emerald green eyes. "Why are you blushing, love? You have nothing to be embarrassed about. If anyone should be blushing, it should be me. I'm standing here in nothing but my boxers in front of a beautiful girl."

I giggled, and I knew the pink in my cheeks was turning red now. Harry Styles called me beautiful! I had butterflies in my stomach. He smiled back at me.

"What are you two doing here at seven in the morning?" he asked.

"Louis was trying to make breakfast, and somewhere in the process the stove caught on fire. So Louis practically dragged me to the car and...here we are!" I explained.

"I see. So Louis is expecting me to make him breakfast after he broke into my flat and pushed a pretty girl on me while I was sleeping?"

"We didn't break in. Louis has a key."

"I have to remember to get that key back." I smiled. "Alright, let's go see what I can do about your food predicament." Harry slung his arm over my shoulder as we left the room and walked downstairs. We found Louis in the living room watching a Mexican cooking show.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I sat down next to him on the sofa.

"I'm educating myself. I'm learning how to make breakfast burritos. That way next time-" I cut him off.

"Next time, I will be making breakfast," I stated. Louis pouted and crossed his arms like a child.

"No you will not. You are my guest. I will not let you make food." I crossed my arms and copied his pouty face.

"I will not let you make food either." Harry was standing in the doorway of the living room watching us solve our little dilemma.

"Alright, if you two are done arguing about who's allowed and who's not allowed to cook food, would you like to come and help me in the kitchen?" Harry suggested. Louis shook his head and directed his attention back to the Mexican show. I got up from my seat next to Louis and joined Harry in the kitchen.

"Put on some trousers, Styles!" yelled Louis from the other room. Harry looked down at his briefs and excused himself to go change. I sat at the little breakfast bar Harry had in his kitchen.

Five minutes later, Harry came back in with a pair of jeans on and a white v-neck. "So what would you like for breakfast?" he asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Surprise me," I simply said. Harry had a smirk on his face as he turned around to get his ingredients. I sighed and rested my head on my hand.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked. I looked up at him.

"Oh, nothing. It's just..." I paused. "Louis seems to be acting a bit strange. I'm just worried about him."

"He'll be fine. Don't worry," Harry smiled.

I changed the subject before things got awkward. "Do you know where Louis is taking me today?" A smug smile appeared on Harry's lips. He leaned in so I could hear him clearly.

"Well, I'm not supposed to tell you but I can't keep a secret from a pretty girl." I blushed. "Louis, me, and the rest of the boys rented out a water park for the day. We were going to take you there. The boys' girl friends are going to be there too." My eyes grew wide. The one thing I forgot to pack.

"I didn't pack a swim suit."

"I'm sure the girls wouldn't mind taking you shopping for a new one."

"I don't have any money."

"You won't have to worry about money. Louis would probably give you a wad of cash if you asked him."

"I don't want him to keep paying for everything, though."

"Then, here." Harry pulled his wallet out of his back pocket and handed me a hundred pounds. "Buy yourself something pretty," he said as he handed me the money.

"Harry, I can't accept this."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't like taking money from people. It makes me feel useless."

"Then don't think of it as taking money from me. Think of it as a late birthday present. Happy Birthday!" he exclaimed.

"Fine, but just this once." He nodded and went back to cooking breakfast.