Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"No way! I am not trying this on!" I said as I looked at the suit Hope handed me. It was a tiny neon pink string bikini.

"Why not? I think it's cute," said Harley.

"Are we looking at the same thing right now?" I asked. The girls laughed.

"Why don't you like it?" Natalie asked.

"Because just look at it!" I gestured to the tiny suit in my hand. "It looks more like an eye patch than a swim suit. It's way too tiny. Plus, it's pink!" I explained.

"You don't like pink?" asked Kerri.

"No! I hate it. I think it's the most disgusting colour I've ever seen!"

"Alright, alright. You don't have to try it on," said Hope.

"Thank you!" I said as I hugged her. She smiled and laughed.

"Did you find a suit yet?" asked Sabrina. She had gone off to the make-up part of the store and bought some new eye shadow.

"No, not yet," Harley said for me. Sabrina groaned and plopped down on the small sofa next to Natalie.

Kerri locked her arm with mine. "Let's go find a suit that you actually like." I nodded, and we walked back out to the racks of swim suits. Harley and Natalie followed after us. "Do you have a specific colour you're looking for?"

"Um...I really like blue. So if we could find a blue one, that would be great." Kerri nodded.

We all split up and set out on our mission to find the perfect suit. I looked around at the different suits. There were many blue ones but none of them caught my eye. All of a sudden, I was tackled from behind. I looked up to see Harley pinning me down.

"What are you doing?" I laughed.

"I found you a suit!" she excitedly said. She let me up and held out a sky blue suit with white stripes. The suit was a two piece, but it wasn't nearly as small as the one Hope found earlier. It tied around the neck and wasn't stringy like the other one.

I smiled and took the suit from Harley. "I'm going to try this on." I made my way back to the dressing rooms, and the girls all surrounded the door when I came out.

"It looks great on you!" squealed Sabby.

"It's absolutely adorable!" exclaimed Natalie.

"You did a great job picking that out, Harley," said Hope. Harley smiled at the girls' reactions.

"Brilliant! So, do we have a winner?" asked Kerri. I nodded and the girls all squealed with excitement. I changed back into my clothes and joined the girls at the register.

"That'll be 40 pounds," the cashier said in a monotone voice. I pulled out the money Harry gave me and handed it to the cashier. "60 pounds is your change. Please come again.

 ~~

The girls and I rode to Harry's flat. When we arrived, they quickly got out of the car and left Kerri and me behind. I guess they were excited to see their boyfriends. Kerri and I entered the flat to see the girls hugging the boys. "There she is!" Louis said. "Did you get a suit?" I nodded and held up the bag. "Alright let's go guys! To the water park!" Sabrina jumped onto Louis' back. Everyone followed after them out the door. I was the last one to leave.

"Oh, Harry!" I yelled. He turned around and waited for me to catch up with him. As I got closer to him, I pulled the money out of my back pocket. I held it out for him to take once I was close enough. "Here," I said as I held out his money. He shook his head.