Chapter 25

Chapter 25~ Harry's POV

It's been a few hours since Ellie left. I haven't tried to contact her. I could tell she needed some time to herself. I didn't want her to find out. To find out that I knew before her and didn't tell her. She doesn't trust me anymore, and it's Louis' fault. If he would have just let me tell her, everything would have been fine, but, no. I unintentionally broke Ellie's heart. Her heart was already breaking, but I made it worse. I split it in two. I'm not going to be angry with Louis about this. If I really wanted to, I could've told her, but, I didn't. I didn't know how to say it. I didn't know if she'd believe me. So really, it's my fault too.

I was sitting in Jay's house with Louis and the rest of his family. I had a cup of hot tea in my hands, and Louis was on the phone. I think he was talking to Sabby. The tone in his voice gave it away. He was telling her about Ellie and everything that has happened.

I haven't spoke since Ellie gave me that ring. She left me speechless. She left me broken. Ellie is the only girl I've ever truly loved. The only girl I actually cared about, and now she's gone. She's never going to forgive me. Not after she looked at me with disgust in her blue eyes. Not after I lied to her. Not after everything.

I let out a sigh before taking a sip of my tea. Jay, Mark, and the girls were in the living room with Louis and me. Jay told them everything this morning. Mark was shocked. So were the girls, but I think Lottie wasn't as surprised as she let on. She wasn't acting herself lately. She was very quiet, and usually, Fizzy is the quiet one. Not Lottie. I don't know what's up with her.

Louis said goodbye to Sabby and hung up the phone. He slid it back into his pocket and managed a half smile for me. I didn't return it, though. He knew I was broken.

"I just told Sabby. She's going to tell the rest of the girls, and I told the boys this morning," he explained.

I nodded and took another sip of my tea. The hot liquid ran down my throat as Louis placed a hand on my shoulder. I looked up at him.

"Don't worry, mate. We're going to get her back," he said. I shook my head.

There was no way Ellie was going to forgive me. I wouldn't be surprised if she never talked to me again.

"Yes, we will. Trust me. I see the way she looks at you. It's the same way you look at her. She loves you, Harry. She can't just leave you. She needs you. She might not realize it right now but it's true. Ellie needs you, Harry."

For the first time since Ellie left, I finally spoke.

"How can you be so sure?" I asked him.

"I just know, Haz. She'll forgive you. She'll forgive us. In time."

"How long?"

He shrugged. "I don't know, but hopefully soon."

I nodded in agreement and stared back at the cup in my hands. Louis' family was dead silent. It's as if they weren't even there.

"Louis..." I said looking at him. "Jay..." I glanced over at her, and her attention was on me.

"Before we do anything else, we need to find out who told the press about Ellie."

They nodded in agreement.

"You're right, Harry," said Jay.

"Yeah, but who would tell? The only people who knew were the three of us," explained Louis.

I nodded. "That means either one of us told someone else or one of us told the press."

"Well, I can assure you it wasn't me. I kept Ellie a secret for seventeen years m," said Jay.