CHAPTER 5: What I Thought Was The Perfect Day.

My mouth dropped as I studied Robin: he was wearing a long white tucked in shirt, a black tie, some black trousers and some smart black shoes. He flicked his longish hair slightly and smiled charmingly. "Why are you here? What is this?" I asked, resting my hands on the table. Robin walked towards us and placed two sheets of hand written paper down on the table, ignoring my question. "It's kind of last minute." Jessie scrunched up her nose cutely and looked down at the rather scruffy paper. Robin instantly felt embarrassed, I could tell. I elbowed him gently. "It's perfect." I simply said, holding Jessie's hand over the table. "Thank you, both of you." I smiled and looked down at the menu. "I'll have the cheeseburger please." -"And I'll take the salad." Jessie smiled at Robin, but I kicked her gently under the table. "Salad is rabbit food. Have some proper stuff." We both laughed. "Give her the same as me." I whispered to Robin, who then smiled at me and walked away, taking the menus with him.

"So what's all this?" I asked, squeezing Jessie's hand. "It's all for you. I guess you could call it our first date." I felt a large smile sweep over my face. "Yeah, I guess you could." I replied, slowly leaning forward. "Where did you think of this?" I asked, resting my forehead on hers. "It was Robin's idea, you should be thanking him. I told him about us after you left, and he said he had an idea. I thought it was great." She paused. "It's a bit like you really." -"What, great? You cheese ball!" I joked, crashing my lips onto hers. The kiss literally lasted about three seconds, because Jessie was smiling so much that I couldn't kiss her any longer. "Sorry," She giggled. "Can't help it." I pulled back and stared into her eyes. "Babe, we dock at the USA soon." -"I know, in two days I think." I suddenly felt slightly sad. "Well when will I see you?" I pouted, and Jessie took my hand again. "Please don't be sad. Babe, I don't like to see you sad." She cupped my cheek with her free hand. Her eyes lit up and I stared deep into her. "Come with me!" She squealed, smiling from ear to ear, almost literally. "What?" I gasped. "Leave the ship and come to the USA with me! It's only for a couple of weeks whilst I do a few festivals here and there. Come on, it'll be fun! Me, you, sun, sea, beaches, shops! What more could you ask for?" I mimicked her smile. "Of course! Yeah! I'll come with you! But wait... What about your fans? Why would they want to see you with me?" Jessie lowered her eyebrows and looked at me. "I mean, I love my heartbeats, but babe. I want to be with you." I felt my eyes begin to water. "You mean that?" She nodded, and I could tell she was welling up too. She leant forward and kissed me.

"Two cheeseburgers." Robin walked over to us, the embarrassment forcing us to break our lips apart. We both blushed but Robin stood there smiling as he placed the plates down on the table. "Don't mind me." He said softly, standing beside us both. Just as he was about to walk away, I leapt up from my chair and jumped on his back, wrapping my arms around his head so he couldn't see. I heard Jessie giggle behind us. I ruffled up his hair and slid down his back until my feet touched the floor again. "Thank you." I whispered almost silently into his ear. He turned and winked, and walked out of the small closet. I sat back down opposite Jessie and began to tuck into my burger. "So, should I pack tomorrow?" I asked, swallowing. Jessie nodded, making a small piece of lettuce flop from her lips and land on her chin, where it stuck. I laughed pretty loud and wiped it from her chin, dropping it back down onto her plate. "Thanks babe." Jessie said, chewing the last mouthful of burger she had. "Wow, fast eater!" I joked, looking down at the remaining half of my burger on my plate. "You want?" I asked, pointing down at my food. She nodded enthusiastically, and just as I was about to slide my plate towards her, she had run over and sat on my lap. For someone that could eat, she hardly weighed anything!

After finishing our food, we left the closet, and I carried Jessie back, bridal style, to her dorm. I dropped her down on her bed and leant over her, my knees beside each of her hips. I leant down and kissed her slowly, until she lifted her head and wrapped her arms around my neck. She sat up with me, our legs tangled together. I ran my hand through her hair and eventually wrapped my arms around her neck too. I rested my chin on her warm shoulder, pulling her closer to me. She nuzzled her nose into my hair, and I felt her breath on my neck. "I could stay like this forever." She said dozily. "But I've got work in a few hours," I said, sadly. She squeezed me tightly. "Please don't leave me here again." -"Jessie, you know I have to. I don't want to, but I have to." I squeezed her back, and gently kissed her on the cheek. I felt her breathing slowly heavy a little. "Come down to the bar later, and I'll see you then. I could get you some juice, then we could maybe go look out at the sea in the moonlight?" -"Sounds perfect." I slowly released Jessie, and laid her back down on her pillow. I pulled the duvet over her and kissed her head gently. "Sleep tight, princess."

"What can I get you, sir?" I asked from behind the bar, not even realising at first that it was Dylan. "Oh, hey you!" -"Hi." He slurred slightly. "Vodka and tonic, please." I nodded slowly, before reaching out and holding his shoulder. "Are you okay?" He looked at me, no emotion on his face. "Yeah, I'm fine. I had a couple of drinks at the dorm, that's all. Anyway, my drink?" I walked over to the shelves of alcohol obediently. I made him his drink and strolled back over to him, leaning lazily on the bar. "Here." I said, slamming the glass down onto the wooden surface. "Thanks." He replied simply, gulping down the drink. It was literally gone within about thirty seconds. "Don't you think you need to slow down a bit?" I asked, concerned. He shook his head violently and wobbled away, and out of the bar doors. I began to dry down some cups with a towel, you know, typical bartender.

It was now 9:30pm, and I hadn't seen Jessie. I was starting to get slightly worried. I picked up my phone and texted her,

Jessie, where are you babe? I'm at work and you still haven't shown up. Let me know where you are, I miss you! Demi x

I breathed in deeply and sent the text, hoping for a reply. I know it sounds stupid how I was worried that Jessie hadn't turned up, I mean she must have been on the ship somewhere. We were out in the middle of the ocean, for crying out loud. What was wrong with me? Thoughts rushed through my mind, protective ones. I'd only been 'out' with her once, but I swear it was one of the best days of my life. I couldn't keep her out of my mind. What was she doing?

Jessie felt her phone vibrate in her pocket, she pulled it out and read the text. It was from Demi. She began to type a message to reply, but the phone was slapped out of her hand. She looked up, fear flushing her cheeks. It was Dylan. Well, she thought it was Dylan. It looked like him, but it wasn't quite him. His eyes were glazed over, emotionless. He stared down at Jessie, rage burning his face. "You hurt me." He whispered, followed by a stumble backwards. Jessie looked up at him, startled. "I hurt you?" She questioned, this time, looking for an answer. "One word." Dylan replied. Jessie knelt down to pick up her phone, and as she was coming back up, Dylan reached down and held her chin, his fingers digging deep into her cheeks. "Demi." He sneered, pulling Jessie's face closer to his. "You broke my heart, so now I'm going to break you. You're going to leave this ship. You're going to go. Don't tell Demi. I want you off. When we dock at the USA, you're gone, you hear me?" He coughed a little, making Jessie flinch. "Gone."