CHAPTER 18: Can You Feel My Heart?

It had been a couple of days now since the party and since Jessie and I had that little blip. Jessie wanted to be mature about it, so she kind of just shrugged it off. Considering I'd basically poured my heart out to her, I'd figured she wouldn't really walk away. She was just as stubborn as me, and I don't think either of us were really considering giving up on each other just yet.

We'd decided to go public after a long night of talking. I hadn't slept for the two nights since the party, the first one because of the crying and sobbing and pouring I did at the hotel, and then another night of heated discussions about being trustworthy and honest at Jessie's apartment the following night. Oh yeah, the apartment in London she'd forgotten to mention when we were sitting outside in a London alleyway in the middle of the night. She'd said  it was 'too late to drive' and that we 'didn't have a car' even though she knew full well she could of quite easily called a cab to take her to her house instead of that stupid hotel that I thought had practically possessed me.

"I didn't want the paps knowing where I live." Jessie said to me as she walked in to the living room with a hairbrush swinging loosely around her finger. "Well I didn't want to drop to my knees sobbing in the middle of a hotel room." I chuckled, pulling my legs up into a crossed position in front of me. "Well yeah," She said, tugging the brush through her hair. She'd just got up, I might add. "But it was cute. You know, the whole romantic night where someone pours out their feelings to the other person and then it sort of breaks the ice. Get me?" She winked and pumped her fist in the air in achievement as the brush made its way to the end of her hair. "Yes!" She whispered, before flinging herself on the sofa beside me. I chuckled at her cuteness and wrapped my arm around her shoulder. She rested her head on my shoulder and I leant mine on the top of her head, where she snuggled up close to me. She breathed out deeply and then I could feel her smiling. "Are you ready for this?" She asked, moving herself to the most awkward position just so she could look at me. Her knees were either side of my hips, but remember why this is awkward: my legs were still crossed. She was kind of sitting on my knee. I could tell she was uncomfortable, but she refused to move until I answered her. "I guess so. Ready as I'll ever be." I said reluctantly. Obviously I was being sarcastic, but I just wanted to see her reaction; just to see how far I could push her.

She folded her arms, almost elbowing me in the process, and pouted. "What do you mean, I guess so?" She raised her eyebrow at me and didn't release eye contact with me for well over a minute. We sat there in silence, the suspense building, until I replied, "By I guess so, I mean I guess so." I winked at her and she slid off of my lap and stood in front of me, tapping her foot impatiently. "I'm going to get sorted." She flicked her hair over her shoulder and marched away, leaving me sitting on the sofa chuckling.

A few minutes later, I heard Jessie run down the stairs. She practically sprinted into the living room and stood a few feet away from the sofa, ushering for me to stand up. I did as I was told and stood up, yet again towering over her, and she stood unbelievably close, again. I could feel her breath on my neck as she spoke. It was almost a whisper, but I could still hear her perfectly. "I just got a call from my agent." She spoke slowly. "We have to hurry up, studio in twenty." She tugged gently at the hem of my baggy shirt. "If you tell me you're ready to go public, you can come with me?" Her 'seductive' face instantly changed to a cute smiley one. I breathed out slowly, giving in, and nodded. She squealed pretty loud and jumped up and down, releasing my shirt and reaching out for my hand. I took it and she basically dragged me out to her car. Yes, she actually called her car Meg. And she was getting excited about it.

"So you really call your car Meg?" I asked as Jessie turned into a huge car park. "Yes, childish I know. But I love Meg, she's fabulous." Jessie giggled as she parked and stepped out of the car. I followed and she took my hand in hers. She squeezed it protectively and began to walk down a path between two buildings. At the end of the 'alley' was an open road, with a huge flood of screaming fans across it. They were all enclosed in golden poles with red rope in between them. The girls were screeching at the top of their lungs, just to even get a glimpse off of Jessie.

We crossed the road carefully, before pretty much diving straight through the middle of the crowds. Jessie was tugged in all different directions, being asked for photos and to sign things, from posters to shoes, to even hands and arms. Jessie refused to sign skin, because her being the cute person she is, she said she 'didn't want to give anyone ink poisoning'. Bless her.

After all the signings and pictures, some of which I was asked to take, Jessie reconnected her fingers with mine and this time, I gave hers a final squeeze. "Can you feel my heart?" I asked, pulling her hand up to my chest. Jessie held it there for a few seconds before retreating her grasp to my hand. "I don't care what my management thinks. I'm with you, right? I promise, I love you." And with that, she led me through the doors into her studio, where I was greeted by her very large crew.

Sorry I haven't been updating much recently, it's just that I'm getting lots of homework and I really need some time to do that, and I have friends too, so I've been spending time with them. I'm really trying to come up with some more ideas for this fanfic, because I already know how I'm going to finish it, but it's just the matter of knowing how to write it, and how to fill in the gaps because I don't want my first actual fanfic to be a poxy short one, haha. Anyway, thank you if you are still reading and enjoying this book. Votes, comments and reads are much appreciated. Thank you x