Wet Soggy Kisses

Two updates in a day, I deserve a cookie.

Enjoy!

Chapter 12

"Why?!" I yell and Cole stands up slowly, connecting his eyes with mine.

''You're not going to forgive him straight away, you have to act as if it's real and that you're still mad, so he ends up begging for forgiveness."

"Yeah, but what does that have to do with anything Cole?" Anger rises in me.

"Look, Paislee. We need him to think again that he can trust you. That would make it easy to get revenge on him. Find out if it hurts him like he hurt you, and me!" He yells, moving closer to me and reaching for my hand.

I move away. "Wait, you still haven't told me this whole revenge thing? What did he ever do to you?"

A flash of guilt and hurt flashes through his eyes, I realize that I have stepped too far. He backs away slowly and walks into the bedroom, closing the door quietly. Whatever I reminded him, it must not have been pleasant. I go and recover my phone, noticing the impact wasn't as bad as I had imaged. I need time to think. I quietly slip through the front door and into the woods. It's very peaceful and a small fog has started to cover the grounds. I'm glad that I have the jumper that Cole gave me, wrapped around my body. I make my way towards the Jacuzzi and brush the leaves off it. I could need some warming up. Maybe later.

I find myself below the steps, managing to find a small path by the side of the house. I follow it and see where it takes me. The woods are deathly silent; the only noise is an owl in the distance. I kick the dead leaves and make the path more viable.

About half an hour later I find myself back at the cabin. There is steam rising from the front of it and I curiously make my way around the hexagon. I make my way up the steps and find Cole in the Jacuzzi.

"There is a bikini lying on the bed." He sips a beer and stares out into the woods. It's beginning to get dark so I'm glad that I didn't get lost. I slip my jumper off and put the bikini on. I sniff, coming into view of a mirror. I guess I look alright. Leaving my clothes in a neat pile, I find my skin crawling from the cold. Goosebumps find their way to the surface of my skin. I breathe out and a large white cloud escapes from my lungs. "Paislee come here, get in." He motions for me to join him, his eyes trailing down my body. I feel awkward and embarrassed. I mean I'm no match for any of the girl Cole gets. I don't have long tanned legs, A body to die for or a face to stare at. So it's beyond me why he keeps staring. Maybe he regrets making me come into his life.

I slip in and the warmth cures the goosebumps as they hide away. The steam rises from the flat water and disappears into the air. As my body enters the water, it sends ripples through the jacuzzi creating small circles. A breath is let out, which I didn't realize I was holding. My body relaxes instantly. Cole sits next to me. Our heat radiating off each other, I close my eyes pretending it's not doing anything to me.

"You're really are beautiful." Cole comments, pulling a strand out of my face and tucking it behind my ear. I nod and turn my head opening my eyes. I shift uncomfortably under his stare. "I know you don't see it Paislee but you're beautiful on the inside and outside, and that's really rare to see on a girl." He takes a chug of his beer and takes his eyes off me, looking at the low moon. It slowly rises just above the woods, peeking over the trees. "Most girls are fake. Cake make-up, stupid voices, drugs and sex are all they really care about." He sighs, putting his beer down on the side. I gulp unsure what to say. "The moment I saw you in the library, it was almost seeing myself, a few years back of course."