Chapter 17: meditate on this

Author's note: Okay, so I'm just wondering around, looking for any new notifications on Wattpad. And since I got bored I just went to my page and cruised around when I saw my book got 730 reads! I was only at 673 the last time I checked! How did this happen???? At this rate, my book will reach 1k in no time. So thank you all for reading my nerdy book and enjoy the new chapter. Love you my lovely mutants.

•Leonardo's POV•

"Guys! Come here quick!" I jumped at the purple-clad turtle's booming voice

I stood up and rushed to the lab, along with my two younger brothers behind me "what's going on?"

"Did Sky wake up yet?" Mikey asked, looking around the room for the teenager

"Does she look awake to you?" Raph pointed to the brunette lying on the operating table

"Don't worry, she's fine" Donatello reassured "she just passed out from a state of shock"

I gasped "Shock? From what?"

He nods and sits down, beckoning us over to his side "I finally got the results from the tests I ran on her for the past weeks"

"And?" I tried to read what was written on the computer screen but it all looked like gibberish

He turned around, showing us his pensive face "she's not 100 percent normal like we thought"

Raph rolled his eyes at our younger brother "Tell us something we don't know"

"I mean there is more to her then we thought" his eye ridges furrowed as a look of pain and anger crossed his face "whatever they did to her, it's permanent. I can't do anything about it"

We all looked at him in astonishment "what do you mean?" I exclaimed "you told us you would be able to help her!"

"This is more serious then I thought Leo!" He yelled back "her body is holding a substance consisting of mutagen based molecules and such. It mixes in with her blood and, I'm afraid to say this, is a part of her system. The only way I could get rid of it is by performing a surgical operation which could go wrong. And even if the operation is a success, there's no guarantee her body will function properly without this element"

"So she needs that stuff in order to live?" Raph asked, showing more emotion then he ever does on a daily bases

The tall terrapin nods "it's what keeps her going"

My gaze instantly dropped on Skylar. Who could ever think someone like her will have to go through this? And all this is because of her mother. I can't imagine how it feels to be in her shoes.

"Wait, does this mean Sky's not human?" Mikey asked curiously

The brainiac tapped his finger on his chin as he went into deep thoughts "well...I guess not"

"Awesome! A new mutant!" He cheered but froze when he noticed our dark glances "sorry for being a 'glass-half-full' kinda guy" the orange-clad terrapin said, sticking his tongue out at us

I rolled my eyes "this is a lot to take in..." I thought aloud

"No kidding" Raph added "how did she take the news?"

"She passed out once she heard the news" Donnie said as he went to the operating table and placed his hand on her forehead "she shows no signs of fever, she should be fine" he reassured us

A moment of silence washed over us, my focus was stuck to Sky and I couldn't help but feel guilty for what happened earlier. Mikey was right, I shouldn't have put my anger out on her especially when I knew she's already dealing with all kinds of stuff.