Grey Eyes

Annabeth P.O.V

Leo carried Percy to the infirmary in the Argo II. He set her down on one of the cots. I grabbed a bottle of nectar and a container of ambrosia.

I started to force feed her the godly food.... but not too much.

Then she started mumbling in her sleep. For the first time, I actually saw what she looked like.

Percy's short hair spread across the cot and her side bangs were stuck to her forehead with sweat. Her skin was grimy and she had several cuts.

Her eyes fluttered open and I knew something was wrong immediately.

"Anyone there?" she whispered. I held her hand.

"I'm here. So is the rest of us," I said.

"Who turned off the lights? Is this a joke?" she demanded.

"Percy, the lights are on.... can you see anything?" Piper asked softly sitting down in the nearest chair.

Percy shook her head. I saw her eyebrows scrunched up in frustration. She put waved her hand in front of her.

"I - I can't ..... see," she breathed. 

"Annabeth..... look," Hazel gestured to Percy's eyes. I gasped. So did Piper.

"What! What's wrong?" I felt panic lingering in her voice.

"Your eyes.... they - they're .... grey," Frank muttered.

"WHAT?! I CAN'T BE BLIND! IT ISN'T POSSIBLE!" she cried and I leaned forward. Her head rest on my shoulder.

"I just can't..." she whispered. I shot a look at the others and they quickly left.... except for Piper who stayed in her seat. She gathered some medical equipment and sat back down.

"Percy, this might sting a bit," she said wiping alchohol with a cloth onto her wound... cleaning it. Percy yelped.

I opened a fresh role of gauze and gently wrapped it around her neck.

"C'mon... let's get you cleaned," Piper muttered. She helped Percy up and off the cot and led her towards the sink.

Piper filled the sink with water and dipped Pecy's hands into it. But it stayed dirty.

Piper gasped.

"Why? What's wrong?" her voice was even more frightened.

"Shhh... just calm down. The water isn't working on you," Piper charmspeaked the first part.

"Oh," Percy hung her head. "I kinda ummm... lost my ability with water..."

We gasped.

"How did you find out?" I said. I was actually a bit angry for not knowing this.

"The  sensation. It just disappeared. I didn't want to worry you guys..." she trailed off.

"It's okay, but next time, tell me," I said placing a hand on her shoulder blade.

"It's getting dark. You should sleep okay?" I spoke. Percy simply nodded. 

"Good night," she whispered. 

"Good night," I said back. Piper and I left the infirmary to our own rooms. I sighed looking at the ceiling. I felt pretty bad for Percy. She didn't deserve this.