Win: Chapter 30

"Cause that's what I needed and I love the winter snow." I heard this guy named Christian sing as he was finishing up. He was doing great and you could tell the judges loved his performance but they did cut him off. "Next , Harry " My eyes widened and my chest rose as my heart beat accelerated . This is it . This was the final chance before we get results on who stays in the judges house. I grabbed the mic Christian was handing me and I turned to face the judges. I was going to sing Iris by Goo Goo Dolls. It wasn't the best song choice but it's the only thing I could think of in only ten minutes .

I heard the music start , my fingers started to shake. The mic in my hand feeling like it was slowly slipping off and I had panic all over my eyes. "And I'd give up forever to touch you 'Cause I know that you feel me somehow. You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, And I don't wanna go home right now" I looked over at Simon, his face so dull. My nerves kicked in twice as hard just knowing Simon had an expressionless face. "And all I can taste is this moment And all I can breathe is your life. When sooner or later it's over, I just don't wanna miss you tonight" I sang out , my eyes shut trying to ignore any eye contact that would make me a nervous reck in front of everyone here. Simon cleared his throat and raised his hand. My eyes opening to the silence that took over the whole studio. "Liam, Your next." I swallowed hard , and faced to Liam's direction. I handed him the mic and wished him good luck. "Thanks." He whispered to me . I was on my way to the back when I heard the song start. "No way." I though to my self. Liam was going to sing Between you and I by Every Avenue. I've heard him sing that song plenty of times and his voice sounds amazing .

I tried to look at his reaction but all I was able to see was the back of his head. His hands still onto his side. I was nervous for him, I couldn't even imagine how scared he could of been for his own self. "Would you believe me if I said I was sorry. The question wasn't mean to hurt, It was just my fear of losing you. And now you're filling all the space that surrounds you. I'll soon be tucked away underneath your bed Where you gave yourself to me. Where I gave myself to you." Liam left Simon mouth opened. Liam started to clinch his hands into fists and his soulful voice came out. " Maybe it's all for the best, But I just don't see any good in this, no. Maybe we'll find something better, But the lovers that leave us, Will always hold the place" Simon rose his hand and the music stopped. Liam smiled and handed the mic to a producer. "Take 2 . " One of the producers let out and everyone ran to different places. We only had two minutes as a break. Liam reached to where I was at and I smiled ."'You did good Payno! You're defiantly getting in. " I said to him as I gave him a hug. He smiled and me and said "You too!".

I was just about to follow Liam who was walking towards Kelsey, Stephanie, and Juliette but I had received a call from an unknown number.

"Hello?" My voice a little raspy.

"Yeah, Harry? This is Kimberly. "

"Oh ! Hi Kimmy. How are you?"

"Good. Um, I was just calling to see if you're up for a late night movie ? The movie starts at 10."

I looked at the clock and it was 9. I tried coming up with an excuse but I failed miserably. "Okay sure ."

"Great! We're going to watch Supernatural Habitat. " She squealed into the phone .

"Okay, Meet me by the school's entrance. Bye."

"Bye."

I put my phone away and rubbed my face with my cold , sweaty hands. I couldn't just leave the guys here alone . They'll think I'll bail on them and don't care. I saw Kelsey as she was making her way towards me and I quickly turned my back towards her. A little harsh, I know , but I couldn't tell her. "Harry What's wrong?" She asked, concern in her voice. I nodded , hoping she would understand but she didn't. She walked in front of me and I saw that her face held a worried expression. I looked away from her and cleared my throat. My hands still sweaty and then I remembered why I was even talking to Kimberly . I quickly stood up straight and put on a fake , cocky smile. I saw her stiffen up a little . "I'm going out tonight with a girl. Kimberly Palanca . You know her?" She nodded her head and I widened my eyes at her response.

"You do?"

"Yeah, since the first day here. She talks to me when ever I go to the library with Juliette. She's ... something. " she said as she rolled her eyes on the last part.

I was already caught up on how they met but why didn't she like her? "Why don't you like her?"

"Have you seen how she dresses. She's begging for attention and clearly wants a guy like you to notice her. "

Wait , what? What is that supposed to mean? "What do you mean by a guy like me?" I said as I furrowed my eyebrows , making quote signs with my fingers as I said the last three words.

She looked at me and furrowed her eyebrows as she parted her hair away from her face. "Just be careful."

"I will. "

"Okay then. "

And with that she turned around and walked towards Liam. I let out a sigh and ran my fingers through my hair. She'll probably tell everyone why I left so I didn't see a point in staying until they all finished. I took my phone out and saw the time. 9:20 p.m. I placed my phone firmly back into my jean pocket and walked out like nothing. I'm going to have to get Kimberly hooked on me good.

PLEASE DONT BE MAD! I KNOW THIS CHAPTER IS HELLA SHORT BUT ATLEATS IM UPDATING ! I MAY PUT MORE UP ON MONDAY BC NO SCHOOL AND I HAVE TO WORK ON MY OTHER STORY AS WELL! IM SO SORRY !!