Chapter 7: Getting Over A First Love

Soojung's POV

"By the way, I have something to announce." said Jihoon seonsangnim. I perked my ears up, listening as I was packing my things in my bag.

"I'm getting married!"

I stopped packing my things. Frozen as I heard those words.

"Waaaaa. Married? Congratulations, seonsangnim! Who's the lucky girl?"

"Well... it's.."

"Kim Tae Hee seonsangnim, right?"

"Well, I--"

"Aish, seonsangnim! Don't act like we didn't know the 2 of you dated!"

I bit my lip until it bled, my tears threatening to spill out. It hurts. Not just my lip, but my feelings. For the first time ever, I actually fell in love, I ended up hurt at the end.

"Soojung-ah!" I heard Myungsoo's voice. I turned around, seeing him. Earlier, he went to the bathroom. But I don't know why he suddenly is holding the cardboard helicopter I made him.

"The helicopter, it's--"

I grabbed my bag and shoved past Myungsoo. Not wanting to hear his news.

"Hey, Soojung! What's your deal?! Where are you going?!"

"Away from everybody!" I yelled and ran away to the gate as fast as I can. I grabbed my phone and texted my dad to pick me up. I didn't want to stay any longer. Not when I could hear more news about the wedding, also known as my heartbreak.

I bent down and cried, hiding my face in my knees.

That was the day my first love got tarnished.

And my unrequited love just started happening.

----

I opened the door to my room and slammed it shut. "Soojung-ah! Is there something wrong?!" I heard Sooyeon unnie yelling from outside. "Nothing is wrong! Go away!" I said and hugged my pillow. Tears soaking it wet.

I could hear Sooyeon unnie and Kris oppa talking outside.

"She came home with puffed eyes today, I wonder if she's okay.."

"She'll be fine, jagi. I'm sure she's just going through another one of those teenager phases."

"I know but she's my SISTER! And I'm worried that she'll do something bad to herself.."

"She won't. You know Soojung, she's not that type of girl. Just don't worry too much, ok?"

"Ok.."

I hugged my pillow tight.

I'm really sorry for making you worry, unnie...

The next day...

I entered the school. As much as I didn't want to, I ended up coming anyway. I sighed and just walked slowly to the classroom. Feeling gloomy.

Suddenly, someone grabbed my arm, making me turn around. As expected, it was Myungsoo.

He was huffing and puffing, like he just went on a marathon. He was sweating like crazy, and his eyes were looking at me with anger and concern.

"What's wrong with you?! Why are you looking so gloomy?!" he yelled, holding my shoulders. I pushed him away. "Let me go!" I yelled. Myungsoo got back up and just dragged me somewhere.