Chapter 14: Stolen

Third Person POV

"GYUGYU!" Myungsoo called out to Sunggyu who was simply eating chips. "Oh? What is it?" Sunggyu shoved a bunch of chips in his mouth, and proceeded to chew.

"So a few days ago me and Soojung went to a fortune teller.. ARE FORTUNE TELLERS ACCURATE?! TELL ME!"

Sunggyu gulped down all the chewed chips that were in his mouth.

"Did that fortune teller say something bad?"

"Yes! Very bad! He said.. Soojung just might disappear from me. She'll probably go away if I don't treasure her enough.."

"And you believe that fortune teller's words?"

"I mean.. I'm not even sure if it's fraud! You know how a lot of Korea's fortune tellers are fake? Is he one of them?"

"Eh. I dunno."

"Work with me here. You know how in dramas fortune tellers are usually right?! What if it happens here?!"

Sunggyu put a hand on Myungsoo's shoulder. "Myungsoo-ah," he said. Myungsoo shoved his hand away. "Yuck! Wash your hands because they're full of chip powder!" Myungsoo exclaimed. Sunggyu glared at him but stood up and washed his hands anyway. He sat back down right next to Myungsoo.

"Those are dramas. This is reality."

"But.. but.."

"I'm saying that... just don't worry about anything and be happy with Soojung."

"..." Myungsoo didn't say anything. He knew his good 'ol friend Sunggyu was right.

"Alright then." Myungsoo smiled. He knew. The key was just to keep loving Soojung without a harm.

----

"Brrrt." Myungsoo's phone vibrated. Myungsoo picked it up and raised his eyebrows at the caller.

"Unknown caller"

He decided to answer it anyway.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Myungsoo."

He widened his eyes at the voice that he heard. "Minhyuk sunbaenim!" he said. He heard Minhyuk chuckle through the phone.

"Yeah, it's me. How have you been, punk?"

"No no no. We shouldn't be talking like this! Meet me at the school gate, NOW."

He quickly hanged up and ran to the school gate. There, Minhyuk was already waiting for him. "Yo." Minhyuk raised his hand.

The 2 boys sat down on a bench. "How's college?" asked Myungsoo. Minhyuk threw the empty water bottle in his hand right into the trash can. "Shitty. I hate everyone already," said Minhyuk.

"Why? Isn't college one of the highlights of your life other than high school?"

Minhyuk chuckled at Myungsoo's statement.

"Someone I resent is there."

"Wanna rant about it?"

"Not until I tell you something first."

Myungsoo raised his eyebrows and straightened his body. "What's that?" he asked.

"You better take care of Soojung, if not, I'll take her. Or rather, maybe someone else would take her," said Minhyuk. Myungsoo stiffened.

Someone else would take her.

"You're hiding something from me," stated Myungsoo.

Minhyuk didn't reply and just stared at the boy in front of him. He broke out of his poker staring face and laughed.