Chapter 12: First Date

The 2 teens had an awkward silence. "Are you... serious?" asked Soojung. She looked at Myungsoo's face, studying it. His face was so serious. She didn't want to believe he was just joking.

Myungsoo smiled. "Never mind, I was just joking around with you. Don't take it seriously," he said. He tried to laugh it off, but seeing Soojung's upset face, he cleared his throat.

"Are you.. okay?" he asked. "That was a joke? Then why am I not laughing?" Soojung snapped.

"I mean.. you don't need to take it seriously--"

"YOU MADE MY HEART WAVER, AND.. AND YOU CALL THAT A JOKE?! WHY MUST YOU ALWAYS PULL JOKES LIKE THIS?!" Soojung ranted.

"I'm sorry.. I didn't know you felt like that," Myungsoo mumbled. Soojung sighed. "Just promise me, don't ever pull jokes like this again, ok? I'm sick of it!"

Myungsoo cleared his throat and scratched his head. "Then.. you want me to tell the honest truth?" he looked Soojung in the eyes, actually being serious this time.

"What honest truth?"

"Jokes are half meant, don't you know?"

"...." Soojung couldn't speak. Her heart was beating very fast. It seemed that everything else in her line of sight disappeared.. except for Myungsoo.

"Jung Soojung. I... I.. let's just say, I like you."

"You do?"

"I mean-- I've liked you for a while. Ever since last year, I realized, I didn't think of you as my best friend anymore. I thought of you as a woman, so.. I really didn't want to tell you, in a bathroom, after having brushed our teeth. In fact, I didn't want to have to tell you around this time. But I guess, now, I have to.. right?"

Soojung started remembering how Myungsoo acted weird around her, flirting with her and all that. It all meant that he liked her... and she always refused to believe it.

She didn't know how to respond. She wasn't sure of what her feelings were. Does she like Myungsoo, or is she just feeling giddy from a boy confessing to her? What was her real feeling.

"You don't have to answer me right now," said Myungsoo. "You can give it some thought, I mean.."

"H-HONESTLY.. !" Soojung tried to speak up. Myungsoo looked at her, expecting something good.

"I.. I've also been confused. If my feelings are just confusion, is it really love, or--- b-but.. ! Now that I think about it, I.. I don't know that much about l-love.. so.. how am I going to respond to you then?! I have no clue about these stuff!" Soojung blurted out, her cheeks blushing madly. Myungsoo chuckled at how cute Soojung was.

He stepped closer to her, tucking her hair behind her ear. Soojung's heart skipped a beat, but she still wasn't sure if it was love or not.

"Then... should I teach you?"

----

"WHAT?! HE TOLD YOU THAT?!" Sooyeon almost choked on the orange juice she was gulping down. Soojung nodded. "I'M SUPPOSED TO GO ON A DATE WITH HIM TOMORROW, UNNIE, AND I FEEL LIKE I'M COMMITING A CRIME!" Soojung hugged her pillow tightly.

Sooyeon got up and looked around. "I'm sure mom and dad aren't here. Ok, come on, sister! I'm gonna dress you in the best date clothes yet!" she grabbed Soojung's hand and dragged her to her room. Sooyeon quickly looked around in her wardrobe for something stylish for her sister to wear.

"But, unnie, I usually don't feel comfortable wearing your clothes because of the perfume---"

"Sshhh! Try this." Sooyeon gave Soojung a pile of clothes for her to try on. "Oh my! These are tons of clothes!"