THREE

Ryan knew that telling Ricky that he was wrong was disrespectful, but Ricky had never really payed attention to those sort of rules. Well, Ricky never really payed attention to any rules.

"What I mean," Ryan sighed, running a hand over his face, "Is that I'm... Not what you are. I'm not... human."

The words went through Ricky's ears, but he felt as if he didn't hear Ryan right.

His voice shaky, Ricky looked up at Ryan, "If you aren't a human... what are you?"

"I'm a vampire."

Ricky gasped, "Aren't vampires the ones who-"

"Yes." Ryan nodded his head, "But I'm different. I promise."

"No." Ricky shook his head, trying to tell him that this was all fake, "I've read about creatures like that. I've heard about them. There are no good ones."

Ryan stepped closer to where Ricky was, kneeling down in front of him, "I've know you for five years, Sir. In those five years, I have protected you. Don't you think that if I was 'bad', I'd have killed you by now?"

Ricky, taken a back by Ryan's words, jerked back, telling Ryan to stay away from him.

How could he lie to me? He thought, staring at Ryan in horror. Why didn't he tell me sooner?

By now, so many questions were running through Ricky's head that he couldn't help but let out a few tears.

Ryan stood back, looking down at the King's son, guilt flowing off him.

He didn't know what reaction he had to expect. He knew that Ricky wouldn't be happy, because in these days, no one liked secrets kept from them. But, he didn't think Ricky would take it like this; non stop crying.

"Leave." Ricky growled, wiping away his tears.

"Sir,-"

"Get out or I will get Ivan to escort you out."

With a nod, Ryan backed away, leaving the other by himself.

It wasn't that Ricky didn't like being lied to, per se. It was that Ricky had spent five years of his life being protected by somehow he thought he could trust. Clearly, he was wrong. And Ryan hadn't mentioned Angelo. But that didn't stop Ricky from being slightly angry at the other protector. Only because there was a strong possibility he could've known and kept it from Ricky. After all, Ryan and Angelo were brought back by the King at the same time. For all Ricky knew, Angelo was what Ryan was. He just didn't want to believe it. He couldn't believe it.

Ryan, though, didn't let himself think too much about Ricky. What Ricky, and the King, didn't know was that there were more supernatural creatures than they knew of. Ryan just didn't have the guts to tell either of them. Ricky in particular.

"Have you told him?" Angelo asked as Ryan walked through the door.

Ryan nodded his head, not saying a word.

Turns out, he couldn't stop himself from thinking about Ricky.

The way he reacted, the way the tears fell down his face... Ryan hadn't seen Ricky cry that much since his mother had passed. Then again, Ricky never was one to cry in front of others. He'd only show rage then wait for everyone to leave before letting his tears out. Ricky was strong, so Ryan knew that he would eventually understand and, hopefully, accept. But, Ryan also knew this would change everything. And, he was right.

That day, Ricky hadn't gone to church. He kept to himself in his room. Doing the same the next day, and the next day. He hadn't said a word to anyone, his sleep had started to lessen. He hadn't even left his room. Not for food, water, anything. All he had done, was stare out the window.