SEVEN

OCTOBER 9, 1770

As Ricky downed the small glass of blood, Angelo's blood, he looked over at Vinny, seeing the doubt within his eyes.

Ricky sighed, placing the glass down, "Like I've been saying this whole time, you don't have to drink any. Chris and I do because it helps us keep our strength up."

Vinny nodded his head, the doubt lessening but not leaving.

Ricky and Chris had been doing that since the summer started; drinking Angelo's blood. At first, it was Chris' idea, then Ricky became on board with it. Really, Angelo didn't have a problem with it because it was, in fact, keeping Chris and Ricky strong and healthy, but he didn't want to slip up and give them too much. Because, believe it or not, there's only so much vampire blood a human can take. Luckily, they all knew that.

Vinny joined Alex, Brian and Lynn upstairs where they were packing their bags, getting read to leave, yet another, house.

Chris looked to Angelo who nodded his head, taking a few steps back.

"Ricky," Chris started, his voice calm-ish, "I... I think you should stop."

"Stop what?" Ricky asked, not turning around to face him, but continued to look out the window.

"Stop looking for Ryan." Chris said, watching as Ricky's back tensed.

Chris and Angelo had been talking about it for many weeks. They just needed to try and get Ricky to listen to them. They, and the others, could see how much Ricky was changing as they continued. They could all see that he's slowly becoming heartless.

"What?" Ricky spun around, his face filled with confusion before anger.

"Ricky, you can't see what it's doing to you."

"What if it were Angelo, Chris?" Ricky walked forward, "Would you stop looking for him?"

Chris sighed, "No, but-"

"Then don't tell me to stop looking for Ryan." Ricky growled, about to turn back around before Chris spoke up again.

"This is different!"

"How?!"

"Ryan left you, Rick!" Chris yelled, then scoffed and shook his head, "He left you. If we even wanted you to find him, I'm sure he would've told you where he was going on that letter."

Ricky looked down at the chain that held Ryan's key, his eyes filled with regret and sorrow.

As he looked back up, Chris caught the tears set in Ricky's eyes and walked to him, wrapping his arms around his  neck.

All Ricky wanted, for those four years of travelling, was to find Ryan and say and do everything he didn't have the chance to. But, deep down, he knew Chris was right. If Ryan wanted to be found, he would've told Ricky where he was going. Ricky just didn't want to believe it. He didn't want to believe a lot of things those days.

Just as Lynn and her friends were walking down the stairs, she held an arm out, signalling for them to stop and give Ricky his space. But, unfortunately, it couldn't last for long.

The front door was kicked down, Chris standing up just as a stake was aimed at Angelo, hitting him in the chest.

"No!" Angelo and Ricky yelled, running to Chris' body whilst Lynn, Vinny, Alex and Brian ran to the hunters that stood at the door, defending Ricky, Chris and Angelo.

"Angelo!" Ricky yelled, his eyes wide as he stared at the hunter behind Angelo, pushing him out of the way just as his stake was lowered.

As Ricky fell to the ground, Angelo stood up with a small growl, snapping the hunters neck without a second thought.