TWENTY-ONE

Ricky gasped, his eyes opening to see Nikki looking over him with worried eyes.

"Did you tell them?" Dallon asked, not moving from his seat.

Ricky nodded his head, then realised Dallon couldn't see him, causing him to mumble a small 'yes'.

Subconsciously, he raised a hand to his lips, softly running his fingers over them.

He could still feel Ryan's lips on his, and wanted much more. Not in a needy way, necessarily, but in a longing way.

Ricky wondered why he and Ryan had never actually gone that step further when they were still in the kingdom. Sure, same sex relationships weren't what you got yourself involved in if you wanted to be respected, but they both wanted that much, they just couldn't bring themselves to do it. And, now that Ricky had felt what it was like to kiss someone, to kiss Ryan, he wanted more.

"If you've done that," Dallon started, standing up, "You can leave tonight. All you need is a distraction."

•|•|•

"You want us to perform for them?" Serj frowned, packing away his equipment, "We only play a few times, tonight wasn't going to be one of them."

"Serj," Nikki sighed, "I'm sorry, but it's the only way we can get people out. You're a demon, you're used to all of this and can actually fight, we can't. Just a few songs, that's all."

Serj turned to Daron, then Shavo who shrugged his shoulders, turning back to his bass.

"Okay," Serj nodded his head, "A few songs. I hope you guys have a plan, though. Because tonight, you're gonna need one."

•|•|•

Nikki and Ricky stood at the very back of the club, watching as the four men played on the stage, entertaining each and every one of the creatures that flooded through the doors.

"Everybody's going to the party have a real good time."

As more creatures filled the space, Ricky and Nikki found themselves inching closer to the doors.

"Blast off, it's party time! And we all live in a fascist nation. Blast off, it's party time! And where the fuck are you?"

Nikki and Ricky quickly slipped out the door, waving to the men who had caught it, sending them a small head nod and smile, continuing their performance.

Once they made their way to where Dallon was, he handed Ricky his key and a small bottle of liquid.

"If you drink that whilst in contact with the key, you should be able to sense where your friend is." Dallon said, about to walk away before Ricky stopped him.

"Thank you, Dallon. This really does mean a lot."

Dallon smiled, nodding his head, "Anytime. Have a good life, both of you."

With a final good bye, Ricky and Nikki made their way to where Dallon had told them to go. Apparently, that's where the portal was. They were short on time, so speed walking had to be good enough.

Just as they both turned a corner, they were faced with multiple demons, hellhounds and other creatures.

Ricky stayed still for a few seconds, not moving until he realised Nikki was calling for him to run.

He ran down the cracked cement, the demons and other creatures hot on his heels.

He picked up his pace, their growls making it harder to concentrate.

"Ricky, you've gotta jump!"

He turned his head back around, seeing his friend on the other side of the road.

"I can't! I'm not tall enough!" Ricky yelled, his panic growing as he got closer to the split road, the distance between him and Nikki causing him to panic even more.

He sped up, going as fast as his legs would take him before he jumped, flying in the air for a few seconds before reaching the other side, hitting the ground before tumbling a few times.

He watched as the demons and hellhounds stopped in their tracks, their snarling increasing.

"Come on," Nikki grabbed Ricky's arm and pulled him up, "We gotta go before it's too late."

Ricky and Nikki ran in the opposite direction of the demons, making their way to where they hope can help them. After all, this was their only chance. They couldn't let it go that easily. Especially after all of the trouble they had caused.

Once they made it to the portal, they both let out a sigh of relief, sharing a look before stepping closer.

"Are we going to end up in the same place?" Ricky asked quietly, looking to Nikki who shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know. All we can do is hope."

Ricky took a deep breath before stepping closer, later taking the last step into the portal.

It wasn't what people described it as; in and out, quick as can be. Ricky felt pain as he was pushed around through the worlds, later ending up in the right one with a heavy splash.

As he resurfaced, another figure popped up from the water, later moving their hair out of their face to reveal their features.

"Oh God." Ricky breathed out, relieved to see Nikki had, in fact, ended up with him.

They both looked around, seeing they were in a lake, nobody, luckily, around to witness their sudden appearance.

Ricky started to swim to the land, Nikki closely behind.

Neither of them had been in contact with this much fresh air since they were last on Earth. For Ricky, that was three years. For Nikki, though, he had almost forgotten what it was like to breathe properly.

After spending decades in a place that was difficult to breathe in, he had gotten used to it. But he was glad he could go back to how it was before he was killed. He was also glad he would be able to find the love of his life. First, though, he was willing to help Ricky find his friends. After all, Ricky did have the key and friend to help them come back...

"Do I drink this now, or...?" Ricky trailed off, looking down at the bottle that he held in his hands.

"I say we figure out where we are, first, then you can drink it."

Ricky nodded his head, about to turn around and start his journey before a sign caught his eye.

"Speak of the devil." He mumbled, looking up at it to see what it read.

"Where were your friends last time you saw them?" Nikki questioned, his eyes running over the sign in confusion.

"Somewhere in Pennsylvania." Ricky answered, his eyes also full of confusion.

"Well," Nikki sighed, "I don't think being in Mexico will help us."

--

A/N: Incase the song didn't work, it's B.Y.O.B by System Of A Down. 🙂❤️