Chapter One: The Awakening

It was dark. The waves crashing. The gulls singing their sea chanteys. The smell of smoke filled the air as a turned over. It hurt. Well, I wish I could only remember why. Then my memories hit me. My name is Luke Arin, I'm a treasure hunter in search of a lost city alongside my brother Miles, and I am stranded. How did it get like this? I sat up and wiped the blood from my forehand. Ouch. That's gonna leave a mark.
"Heh. Well we've certainly had better trips, haven't we Miles? Miles?"
I saw no sign of my little brother, and I began to worry. I got to my feet, and stumbled my way to the shoreline. The wreckage of our ship, The Voyager, was scattered everywhere. The only sign of life was that, and as the fires die, I fear for what has become of Miles. I limp towards the trees, if I'm to survive, I need fire and shelter. I manage to build a fire, and now I can rest.
I dream about that night. It all comes back to me.
Luke, help me! The storm's too powerful for the ship, she can't take it!
Oh God! Miles I-I can't! I-I-I... Waaaaggghhh!!!
And just like that, the ship swayed and I fell overboard. The sound of Miles calling after me is one I won't forget. Then, as was drifting out of consciousness, Miles fell, and lightning struck the boat. As I drifted off, I remember muttering to Miles Stay... Strong...
I shot up in fear. No... This can't be happening. Any moment, I'll wake up. Safe on The Voyager. I know it. I wish. As the waves soothed my spirit, I fell back asleep. For the first time in days, I felt at peace.