Chapter Four- Prophecies Unearthed

Wow. You're back? Honestly I didn't expect this. Wow. So anyway if you didn't read the other chapters, that's cool. You're a rebel. Don't like conforming. I get that. So here's a quick update. Luke gets stranded, yada yada, something about pirates or whatever. Gets knocked out. Bam! You're up to speed now. Go on, get to reading already.

I woke in a small, dark room, presumably far from my campsite. I cold, bloody, and in pain. My only thoughts, were of death.
"Everyone! He's awake!" An unfamiliar voice called.
"Who are you?" I asked.
"And he speaks! My name does not matter. What's your's?
Great. One of those types of people. Answering questions with another question.
"I'm Luke. I crashed here on the island. Can you tell me where I am? Also, have you seen my brother. He's missing and I need to find him, and get out of here." My vision was blurry still, yet the person seemed familiar.
"D-do I know you?"
"Perhaps. Perhaps not. But I know you."

"Are you going to kill me?" I asked, rather calmly.
The man laughed and shook his head. Then he signaled for me to stand. I did as commanded and followed the man into a room with a giant stone wall inside. On that wall, was the most incredible thing I had ever seen. An ancient prophecy.
"Oh my god. Miles... We did it. If only you were here right now."
This prophecy was exactly the proof we needed to fund our expedition. The lost city of Aelāús. Right here. Beneath us.
"What does the prophecy say?" I asked.
"That, you shall learn in due time."
Okay. Not what I was hoping for, but whatever. I spent the rest of the day recovering from my injury.
"Sorry about that, but I had to make sure you got here."
"Forgiven. Just, next time, just tell me or something. Jesus. So anyway, are you going to tell me your name now?"
"Fine. I guess I owe you that much. Drake Kidd. I used to be an adventurer like you. We followed the same trail, and wound up stuck here. But I wasn't the one It wanted."
"Hold on, back up. It!? What It?"
Kidd pointed to the wall and said, "That." The wall showed a massive beast, surrounded by darkness, with a single eye. Even a primitive drawing like that was chilling.
"Where do I come into this?"
"We think you are the one to stop it. However this is only a hunch. We've seen you since your arrival, you've got to be the one. At least I hope so."
I took a moment to process this. Me? Why would they think I'm the one?
"Alright, if I'm the chosen one or whatever, tell me the prophecy."
He built a fire and began the tale.
Long ago, in the age of the Aelans, a seer foresaw a dangerous threat to their very way of life and warned the king. The king did not believe the old seer and had the Royal blacksmith forge him a sword and shield. This blade was said to be able to cut through the darkness, and bring light. The King prepared soldiers, despite not believing, but what happened next was unexpected. Xylos, The Destroyer emerged from his sacred crypt. The beast wanted revenge for the ancestor of the king; the god you who had slain him, Pyronak. The destroyer easily crushed the army, but was not prepared for the blade. When struck by the mighty sword, Xylos drew back. It lost its magic eye. The sword shattered, but was able to seal Xylos within the crypt once more. But some one discovered the crypt and read the Ritual of Awakening. Thus spawning the demon to this plane of existence. Only the hunter of gold and seeker of kin can destroy the beast forever, but only when blade meets the magic and blood.
"So far, we understand the beginning, and think that the hunter symbolizes you; the hunter of gold, treasure, and kin, your brother. What do you think?"
"Well, while there are similarities, wouldn't we need the Sacred Sword? And what about the magic? Where are we going to find that?"
"All will be revealed in time, I suppose. Until then, we new to get you ready."
A group of people came out of the shadows and greeted me. They told me that training would begin tomorrow. This cannot be happening. I'm certainly not a hero.

Wow. Was that cool or what? I know it wasn't! Unless you think it was in which case I agree with you. Honestly this part is more for comedic effect. Anyway, what'd you think? I'd love to hear back from you. Leave a comment leaving any thoughts or ideas and I'll take them into consideration. Welp, see you in the next chapter. Papyrus out, NYEH HEH HEH!!!