~Chapter Two~

~Mist's P.O.V~

"Truth or Dare?" Carl asked me.

We were currently playing truth or dare, and it was my turn.

"Truth." I replied.

"Did you ever have a boyfriend?" He asked.

"No." I replied truthfully.

"Ok. My turn." He said.

"Truth or Dare?" I asked him.

"Dare." He replied.

I thought about it.

"I dare you to... Go jump on Glenn's back." I said.

"Ok." He said laughing.

I watched as he snuck up on him, then jumped on him.

"Ahh!" Glenn screamed.

Carl was pushed off. He rolled on the ground laughing, me right there with him.

"What the heck guys?" Glenn asked, laughing a little to himself.

"We were playing Truth or Dare." I answered.

"Oh, well leave me out of it!" He said as he chuckled a bit and we all started walking again.

"Truth or Dare?" Carl asked me.

"Dare."

"I dare you to go and poke Daryl, but then act like it wasn't you." He said.

"Easy." I said back.

I stalked up behind Daryl and poked his right shoulder blade. I quickly put my hand down and continued walking as he spun around.

"What?" He asked.

"Huh?" I questioned.

"You poked me." He replied.

"No I didn't." I answered.

"Whatever." He responded and turned back around.

I walked back over to Carl.

"Truth or Dare?" I asked him.

"Truth."

"Did you ever have a girlfriend?" I asked.

"Nope." He answered popping the 'p'.

"Truth or Dare?" He asked.

"Truth." I answered.

"Did you ever have any siblings?" He asked.

I froze in my tracks. Daryl must have overheard us because he walked up to us.

"Hey kid, why don't you run along?" He said to Carl.

"Why?" He asked.

"Just do it." Daryl replied.

"Fine." Carl replied and bounced off towards his dad.

"You alright?" Daryl asked.

"Yeah." I answered and started walking again.

"I wish we would just find a place to stay. A place like home." Mika said.

"Me too." Lizzie replied.

"Good luck with that." Merle replied.

I was getting sick of him.

"Walker." Rick said quietly.

I, out of instinct, pulled out my knife. I stalked to the front of the group.

"I'll get it." I said.

"You sure?" Rick asked.

"Yeah." I said.

Rick nodded and I could make out the figure of a lone walker. It looked to be a kid. I walked up to it. It was facing away from me. I whistled so it would face, letting me see its face. I was getting ready to stab the walker, when I stopped and dropped the knife. I stumbled back, tripping over my own feet. I fell on my back and began scooting away.

"Mist!" Rick shouted and started walking towards it with his knife outstretched.

"No!" I screamed.

He turned to look at me.

I picked up my knife and repeatedly stabbed the walker's head, over and over again. I started sobbing when I felt arms pull me back.

"Is it your sister?" I recognized the voice as Daryl.

"Yeah... Well, it was... She's gone.... Dead. No.. Daryl let me go!" I yelled trying to get away.

He let me go slowly and I ran over to her. I cradled her head in my lap as my tears stained her face.

"I'm...sorry...it's...all...my...fault." I said sobbing, struggling for breath.

"One last walker to worry about." I heard Merle say.

I was all done with his crap. I walked up to him.

"Listen here redneck, I don't care what you think I am. Some, dead kid, someone who is gonna die, someone who is just a waste of air! I don't care what you think, but stop saying things about people that I care about! Leave them out of it!" I said still crying.

"What are you gonna do about it?" He asked. It infuriated me.

I punched him right in the jaw. He stumbled back a bit and spit after bringing his hand up to his face, feeling blood. He looked at me and narrowed his eyes. He lunged at me tackling me not giving me time to jump out of the way. I fell back and he punched me in the eye, then jaw, then the side of the face before I could bring my knee up and knee him in the stomach. I punched him and then someone pulled him off of me. I felt arms pick me up.

"What were ya thinking?" Daryl asked.

"Someone had too, and I was fed up with it." I muttered climbing down from Daryl.

"He is three times your size! And much stronger. If no one was around, he would have killed you!" He yelled.

"Good! Maybe you should have let him!" I yelled back.

He looked taken back as he went to say something but closed his mouth. He finally gathered himself up again.

"You don't mean that." He said quietly.

"Yeah I do. Everyone I know is dead! Don't you get that? Everyone I care about is dead!" I screamed.

"Ya don't care about me? About us?" He asked.

"You know what I mean!" I yelled.

"How could you wish to be dead?" He asked.

"The same way you wish for anything! I don't like it here! You should have let him kill me." I whispered and looked down at the last part.

"You really don't mean that." He said again.

"Yeah, yeah I do." I replied.

"How do you think I would feel? Huh? Ever thought about that?" He yelled.

I looked around and everyone had been staring at us.

"You shouldn't get attached to me." I looked at Merle, "Cuz I'm just another waste of air dead kid." I said quietly before walking ahead of everyone, brushing shoulders with Daryl.

I heard footsteps follow after me signaling the group was following. I just continued to walk.