~Chapter Six~

I opened my eyes and was confused at first, because I woke up on the side of the road, but remembered what happened. Who was that guy? I quickly flung myself to where I hid my weapons. Luckily, they were still there. I put the belt on and put the gun in the holster. I held the knife before putting it up as well. Daryl gave me that knife. I considered him as my 'dad' and I liked the think I was his 'daughter'. I checked myself for bites or scratches, even though I didn't see any walkers around. I stood up and a sudden pain came to the side of my head. I collapsed on the ground, holding my head. I made a loud high-pitched whimper. Kinda like a cry. I didn't have any medicine with me, so I was screwed. I tried to stand up again, and the pain came again. I didn't fall this time, just trudged on. I still have one hand on my head, one in front of me. I felt a wave of pain and it made my vision blurry, and I fell. I put my hands in front of me to catch me. I scraped my hands a little, but at least I didn't hit my head. 

I tried pushing myself up, but gave up when my arms shook and finally gave up. I laid on the side of the road thinking it was the end of me. As if my life couldn't get any worse, I heard the faint growl of walkers behind me. I felt my body jump up as an instinct, but regretted it, as the pain came quickly. I started stumbling down the road and looked over my shoulder seeing about 10 walkers. I couldn't take them on, especially with my condition. I turned around and focused on walking away. I thought I heard shots but realized it was only my head. I felt something push me and I fell. I turned around being met with a rotting corpse, snapping its teeth at me. I used my hands to keep it away from me. I was weak right now and was sure this was the end of me.

"I'm sorry for leaving, Daryl, please forgive me, and mom, I'm sorry I'm not strong." I whispered to myself as my arms began giving up even though I was still trying my hardest to push it away. I felt sweat drip down my forehead, slowly making it's way down my face. It made my hair stick to my face. I felt the sweat travel down onto my chest. My whole body was sweaty, my head hurt, and my arms were giving up. The walker's teeth came closer and closer until it went limp. Blood was splattered on my face.

"Grab the girl, take her weapons, and let's get out of here!" Someone shouted. It sounded like a female.

"Got it." Someone else said. This sounded like a male.

I felt arms wrap around me and I tried wiggling away.

"Don't fight us, we aren't going to hurt you, I promise." He said.

"Promises are made to be broken." I said before passing out.

When I woke up I was in a strange room. I sat up, and the pain I remembered, was now gone. My arms were a bit sore, but my head seemed better. I checked myself for bites, and noticed my weapons were gone. Great. I saw a door on the other side of the room, and decided if I was going to get out of here, that's a place to start. I stood up and noticed my legs were sore as well. 

I clumsily walked to the other side of the room and grasped the handle. I pushed it open seeing people eating and talking, sitting down, laughing. When they noticed me, everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at me. I stood there looking at them all before a man rose and started walking towards me. I took a careful step backwards.

"It's okay. We aren't going to hurt you. We actually saved your life. We also got you some medicine and wrapped your head." The man said. "My name is Gareth. Yours?" He asked.

When he said something about wrapping my head I slowly brought my hand up and felt around, and sure enough, there was a bandage on it that wrapped around my whole head. I hadn't noticed before I was more worried about getting out of that room. "I'm...Mist. Gone. Mist Gone." I stuttered.

"Well, Mist, we would like to offer you a position on our team. You seem strong enough." He said.

"What do you mean, a position?" I asked.

"To be in our group. You would have a job, but other then that, you'd like it here." He said.

"What would that job be?" I asked.

"Well, I have to talk to you about that, but do you accept?" He asked.

I thought for a second.

"I actually think I'll move on." I said.

"That's a shame. You could have been a good worker, to bad you decided that. Well, I'm sorry to do this to you, but we all gotta eat don't we?" He asked.

I was confused but right after that I was grabbed and drug outside the building. Two people had my arms and pulled me towards a train car. I struggled against them, my shoes making squeaking noises as I struggled. Due to my still sore legs, they won. They continued dragging me, my feet dragging on the ground. They opened the door and threw me in. I laid there on my back. What was going to happen now?

"Hello?" I heard a voice say.

It surprised me and I jumped up and backed into the corner.

"It's all right. We won't hurt you." Someone else said.

It was dark in here, but I could still see them. There were two men and two women.

"I'm Tara, that's Rosita, Abraham, and Eugene." She said.

"We have a special mission. We need to get out of here and get Eugene to Washington. He has a cure to all of this." Abraham said.

"A cure? What's in it?" I asked.

"That's classified." Eugene said.

"What's your name?" Rosita asked.

"Mist." I answered.

"Well, can you help us get out of here?" Tara asked.

"I can try." I answered.