~Chapter Fifteen~

To be honest. It smelled horrible thanks to all the rotten food. I tried breathing through my mouth to rid of the odor as much as I could, but it didn't help all that much. I looked down in front of me, there was molded milk jugs, or should i say smelly, nasty, green cottage cheese. I gagged a little and walked down the aisle. I stopped in front of 6 cans of ravioli. Bingo. I stuffed all 6 of them into my bag and kept going down the aisle. I passed old rotten candy, moldy bread, old molded ice cream, and a lot of molded dairy items. then I spotted something. One of those boxes of Ramen Noodles.

Ramen Noodles were my absolute favorite before the world went to crap. A grinned ear to ear as i picked up the box of untouched noodles and put it in my bag. I triumphantly zipped it up and walked more.

I hadn't spotted anything else that looked okay to eat except for 3 cans of beans, and 2 more cans of ravioli. I would say that this gas station was a score. I finished putting all the stuff into my bag and zipped it up before putting it on my back.

I trotted over to the counter where Beth stood and showed her all I got.
"Good job!" She praised me. "I found these." She commented and held up a nice sized pocket knife, 1 more can of beans, a 2 lighters, and one pack of smokes which I assumed she was gonna give to Daryl.

"Nice." I said to her as i looked at the items. I allowed her to put the can of beans and one of the lighters in my bag and I told her she could keep the knife. I zipped up my bag and put it on as I watched Beth slip the knife into her shoe.

"Smart." I thought to myself as I watched her. She stood up straight again and we began walking outside.

We couldn't see Daryl anywhere. That's when I heard a familiar 'click' of a gun.

"Drop you weapons. Now." A deep, gruff voice came from our left. I slowly looked over and a tall, fat man was standing behind Daryl who was tied up on the ground.

"Just listen to 'em." Daryl commented.

I slowly set my gun down and then reluctantly put the machete down that Daryl gave me. I turned and watch Beth set her one pistol down.

"Now kick them away." The fat man's voice chimed again. I slid the gun away with my foot and only nudged the machete a little away. Beth slid her gun away with her foot also, and then I remembered something. She still has the knife in her shoe!

"Beth...." I whispered to her when the man was talking to Daryl. She looked over at me.

"Act like you're tying your shoe... and when he comes over here.... stab him." I whispered, taking breaks whenever the man looked at us.

Beth nodded and quickly put the plan into action. First she used her other foot and moved it around her shoelace, untying it. She then bent down and began tying it again. I watched the fat man kick Daryl then look up at Beth.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?" The man hissed as he stormed up to Beth, pointing his gun at her head.

"Tying my shoe..." Beth glanced up at him for a split second.

"Well hurry up then! And don't even think about tryin' anything!" The man pushed his gun forward till it hit Beth's head and made a 'clunk' noise when it hit her. I could tell that it infuriated her. I watched as she finished the knot and quickly put her hand into the shoe and yanked the knife out, swiftly stabbing it into the mans chest.

"AAAAGGGHH!" The man yelled clutching his chest. "I'll get you.... You little-" The man was cut off by a gunshot. He made grunted and pulled his knee up a bit. Beth had shot him. Next thing we heard was many loud moans of walkers and of course the man's screams.

"Come on!" I heard Daryl yell. Beth had untied him and they were already fleeing to the truck. I grabbed my bag quickly and my gun and knife.

"This is what you deserve." I quickly said to the suffering man laying on the ground before I spit on him and ran to the truck. Jumping into the truck quickly we began driving away. I looked back out the window and watched the man being devoured by walkers, and the last thing I heard was the agonizing groans of the man.