~Chapter Eight~

I had fallen back asleep, because I was exhausted from the little event, when we got back on the bus.

I was being shaken and I opened up my eyes.

"Mist, the place you were staying at, it's all burnt." Eugene said.

I leaned up, the bus was parked in front of the building.

"We're out of gas, too." Abe said.

"This isn't where we stayed, but I know how to get to it from here." I said and got of the bus.

I realized something.

"I'm gonna see Daryl again! And Carl! And everyone!" I said kind of loud showing my joy.

I took of running down the road, turning left, then a sharp right, and running down that road. I could hear the group behind me. I turned into the woods and got on the road where my group was. I turned right expecting to see my group, but they weren't there. They had moved.

"No!" I screamed. "They were here! Right here!" I said.

Something then caught my eyes. Letters tied to the tree. I ran up to them and yanked them off the tree. They had each written me a letter, in case I came back. Maybe they did care...

"Mist?" I heard from behind me.

I turned around to see Abe, Tara, Rosita, and Eugene.

"They're...they're gone. Just, gone." I said.

"Hey..I'm sorry... What's in your hand?" Tara asked.

"Are those...letters?" Rosita asked.

"I wrote to them before I left, and they all wrote back and taped it to the tree." I said.

I sunk to my knees and cried. Abraham came over and comforted me at one point. When I stopped crying, I went over and sat under a tree and began to read the letters.

Mist,

Why? Why did you leave us? Please come back soon. Everyone misses you, maybe even Merle. Daryl went crazy, but didn't look for you, because he said you didn't want him to. I love you Misty, please come back.

-Beth

Mist,

Where are you dear Mist? It's not the same without you. I always knew Merle would take it too far one day and there you are, probably far away by now, living up to your last name. I miss you, no, we miss you.

-Glenn

Mist,

Gah, I don't know what to do without you. Lizzie and Mika died the day you left and nothing has been the same. Daryl won't stop cursing everyone out, like it's our fault. You have to come back.

-Maggs

Mist,

Oh gosh I can't help but think this was my fault. It is, and I'm sorry. My brother, he needs you. We lost the kids and Carol. Come back?

-Merle

Mist,

I have a feeling you won't be back. I wish you were here right now. Please, come, back. For me, for Daryl, for us.

-Carl.

Mist,

I understand that you have to do what you have to do. Maybe, you'll make your way back, but I plan on taking the group and moving in a few days, I attached a map to the bottom of this letter. Be careful.

-Rick

Mist Gone,

You left. You left me, Carl, the group. You always made me promise that I would never leave you and I always did, but you were the one that left. Who am I kidding? I miss you like heck. Come back please. I ain't mad, or disappointed, just please come back. Please. For me. Mist Gone, don't be gone.

-Daryl Dixon

I didn't realize it, but I was crying. The tears stained the letters. I grabbed the map off Rick's letter then I took out a match and lit them on fire, and watched them burn. I wanted nothing to do with them. They made me realize that I was in the wrong. I should have never left. I walked over to Abraham and showed him the map.

"Can you get us here?" I asked softly.

"Yeah, it's just up the road." He said.

"Let's get going, it'll be dark soon, and hopefully whatever this is, will have shelter." Rosita said.

"The survival chances will skyrocket with a bigger group." Eugene said.

"It's not that big of a group. Some people died too, according to the letters." I said.

Abraham looked at the map and started walking, us all following. We were walking for about 7 minutes before Abraham stopped.

"Mist, this is it." Abe said.

I looked up to see a house, with a barn, gates around the whole place, animals, crops, this places was surviving. I looked at everyone.

"This is it. I'm gonna see my, my group. And you'll become part of it." I smiled.