Chapter 7

"They're coming back so we don't have much time to talk." Deaton said as he poured a liquid on a cotton bud.

"What is that." I asked cautiously, a hand ready to push Scott away from Deaton, not completely trusting him yet.

"Rubbing alcohol." He answered me, then turned to Scott. "You don't want it to get infected, do you?" He began dabbing at it. "You will heal the same, just not as quickly, because of Derek." My brows furrowed.

"Okay, how do you know all this? Actually, how - How do you know anything?" Scott asked the question I'd been ready to ask myself.

"It's a longer story." Deaton taped a bandage over Scott's wound. "What I can tell you, is that I know about your kind." He turned to me, "Aurora's kind and Rori and Stiles." I looked at him confused as he turned back to Scott. "Your kind? I can help. This." We turned to the body laying on the table. "This is something different."

"Wait, I'm sorry." I interrupted. "What about Stiles and I?" He raised an eyebrow.

"You don't know?"

"Know what!?" I shouted incredulously, just wanting him to answer me.

"I'll tell you later, back to the problem at hand." He turned to Scott and I waved my arms around in frustration, (something I picked up from Stiles).

"Well, do you know what did it?" Scott asked Deaton.

"No. But the Argents will." Deaton answered. "And this is the crucial part, they'll have a record or book. It'll have descriptions, histories, notations, of all the things that they've discovered."

"All the things?" Scott stared at him in shock. "How many different things are there?" We were interrupted by a car pulling up. We all stared at each other in alarm.

"Go. Now." Deaton commanded and I turned to Scott.

"Rori, you go. I'll stay here." I stared at him for a moment, wondering if I really should leave him here alone when we heard the front door open. Scott nodded at me and I sighed before flying away.

...

I was laying in bed with Rilien curled up against my chest, completely ready to submit myself to a well deserved nap...when my phone rings. I groaned and motion to the bedside table.

"Rilly, can you get it." His head popped up and he gently took the phone in between his teeth and passed it to me. I look at the caller id, 'Papa Stilinski' my brow furrowed. I thought he would be at work? I answered it and pressed it to my ear, sitting up as I did so.

"What's up, Sheriff?"

"Hi Rori." He answered. "Listen, Stiles is here at a crime scene, his Jeep was being fixed but he found it on top of the mechanic; dead." My brows furrowed.

"Is he okay?" I asked worriedly.

"Who? Stiles or the mechanic?" The Sheriff said with a sigh.

"Both I guess." I replied, nervously biting on my lip.

"Well, the mechanic's dead and Stiles? I'm not so sure. I was wondering if you could come down and check on him. I may be his father but that doesn't mean he tells me what's on his head so I thought you and Scott would be my best bets." I nodded, though he couldn't see me.

"Yeah, sure. I'll be right there. Have you told Scott yet?"

"No, I was assuming you could do that?"

"I will, don't you worry Sheriff." I comforted and got up, making my way to my wardrobe to grab shoes.

"Thanks Rori, I'll see you soon."