Chapter 9

"You can't keep ignoring him you know

"You can't keep ignoring him you know." Allison said, running her fingers through my hair as she and I sat on her bed. I laid with my head in her lap as she had decided to dish out some advice.

"I'm not ignoring him." I told her, glancing at her before looking back at the ceiling.

"Okay then, what do you call ignoring his texts and calls then?"

"I'm not ignoring them." I repeated with a mumble.

"One word answers don't count as proper replies." She informed me.

"Allison...I was just so scared. I know he was just trying to help but I just..." I trailed off, not knowing how to get my emotions across.

"It's okay, I get it." She said, obviously seeing me struggling for words. "I felt the same after the whole Scott locking us in the school incident. Although I know now that he was doing it to protect us, I felt betrayed and like I couldn't trust him anymore. But Rori, don't make the same mistake I did. You love him and you know he loves you. That boy would do anything for you and he did what he did because he thought that was the best chance of you getting out alive. You don't have to dive right back in, but at least try, okay?" I smiled at her and nodded.

"I'll probably still be mad at him though." I grumbled. Allison laughed and nodded.

"I was pretty mad at Scott too."

...

I walked into the chemistry room, having missed the first few classes. Partly because I slept in but also because I was trying to avoid Stiles. I seated myself at the front next to Lydia. Stiles and Scott rushed in and knelt down next to us. I looked at them confused and Scott nodded behind me. I turned hesitantly and was met with Isaac and Erica. I smiled at Isaac who smirked back but I could see the softness in his eyes. Then, my eyes met Erica's who, like Isaac, smirked at me although her gaze was cold. I turned back to face the front. Stiles went to speak to me but was interrupted by Mr. Harris.

"Einstein once said, "Two things are infinite: The universe and human stupidity; And I'm not sure about the universe." I myself have encountered infinite stupidity. So to combat the plague of ignorance in my class, you're going to combine efforts through a round of group experiments. Let's see if two heads are indeed better than one. Or in Mr. Stilinski's case, less than one. Erica, you take the first station. You'll start with-" As he said this sentence, every male in the classroom apart from Isaac, Stiles and Scott raised their hand. "I didn't ask for volunteers. Put your hormonal little hands down. Start with Mr. McCall."

"All right, next two. Aurora Carter and-" Once again, all the males expect Scott's hands went up and I looked down at the table with a blush. "The next person to raise their hand will be getting two weeks worth of detentions." Mr. Harris rolled his eyes. "Miss Carter will be paired with Isaac Lahey."

Mr. Harris continued to pair people up. Allison with Lydia and Stiles with another boy in our class, Taron. I heard the chair next to me being pulled back and I looked up, meeting Isaac's (A/N: super dreamy) sea-foam eyes. I grinned at him as he sat down. I discreetly put my arm through his as an attempt to hug him without others noticing.