Chapter 13

"I'm sorry, we're what!?"

"Soulmates." Deaton answered simply. "Literally made to be together, to fit each other like puzzle pieces. Cherish it. Soulmates very rarely come around, let alone when you're this young. There are very few soulmates on this Earth. Even fewer who have met and again, even fewer who are able and young enough to do something about it. According To Greek Mythology, the first ever humans were created with four arms, four legs and four eyes, two noses and two mouths. They absolutely terrified Zeus. He believed they had eminent powers and feared there would come a day when one would take his place as ruler. To prevent such an incident from ever occurring, Zeus split each human in half and left them to wander aimlessly around the mortal world searching for their other half...Their one true soul mate." Deaton told us and we stared at him with wide eyes. "There are many theories on soulmates, this one seems the most probable, although we cannot be sure if it's truly correct or not. But I've never heard of an interspecies link." There were a few minutes of silence, all of us -including Scott- were staring at Deaton in astonishment.

"So..." Stiles began, "that's pretty cool." He commented, nonchalantly, although the grin on his face gave away how ecstatic he was.

"That's...That's amazing." I said with a smile on my face. "My mother told me about soul mates and that since I was an angel I'd be more likely to get them but I never thought a human could be my mate."

"Do you know what this means?" Stiles asked.

"What?"

"We're gonna be to be that cute old couple that everyone wants to be when they're older." I let out a laugh.

"We could totally pull of the cute old couple look." I said to Stiles who beamed at me. My soulmate, Stiles. It felt like electricity was running through my veins and body, I was so elated. It explained a lot though. The almost immediate feelings I had for him, how it was easier to fly to him than any other location, the fact he was able to touch my wings when I was at my most vulnerable. "Deaton," I began, "what happens when - if the situation arose - one of us dies?" I knew it was a tad morbid for just finding out that Stiles and I were soulmates, but I couldn't help but worry about what would happen if I were to die before him, what would happen to him. Stiles looked at me confused, wondering why I would ask that kind of question but I ignored his inquisitive stares.

"Well, the other would still be able to find love, although it would never feel the same. Their partner would never have the same emotional or physical attachment you two have to each other. And in spite of the fact that neither of you can actually feel the other's emotions, you may have noticed that you're more in tune to each other's emotions than you are to anyone else." We both nodded, understanding.

...

"Oh you're looking hot!" Lydia commented as I stepped down the stairs

"Oh you're looking hot!" Lydia commented as I stepped down the stairs. I blushed and shook my head.

"Shut up." I mumbled embarrassedly and Lydia smirked.