Chapter 22

After flying away from Stiles, I found myself in between Isaac and Scott in the back of Chris Argent's car with Jackson still in the body bag in the boot. Isaac and Scott let out yells of surprise, making Chris swerve the car in shock.

"Sorry!" I apologised and despite the tense situation they were in, Chris managed a small chuckle.

...

Chris, Isaac, Scott and I all jumped out of the car once we pulled up in front of the warehouse. Isaac turned and looked at the body bag Jackson was in.

"I think he stopped moving." Isaac observed.

"Where's Derek?" Chris questioned, looking around the gloomy alleyway.

Scott turned and we all followed his gaze to see Derek running on all fours. As he neared us he flung himself into a front flip and landed on his knee, looking up at us with red, alpha eyes. Ever one for dramatics.

"I'm here for Jackson." Chris told him. "Not you."

"Somehow, I don't find that very comforting." Derek replied sarcastically. "Get him inside." He commanded.

...

Once we got Jackson inside and put the bag on the floor and gathered around it, Scott asked; "Where are they?"

"Who?" Derek questioned.

"Peter and Lydia." Scott replied. Derek ignored him and put a leg either side of the bag. "Whoa, hold on a second." Scott said but Derek was already opening the bag. "You said you knew how to save him."

"We're past that." Derek told him.

"Derek, what about-" I went to say but he interrupted me.

"Think about it, you two!" Derek yelled at Scott and I. I flinched back. "Gerard controls him now. He's turned Jackson into his own personal guard dog. And he set all of this in motion so that Jackson could get even bigger and more powerful."

"No." Chris said firmly. "No, he wouldn't do that. If Jackson's a dog, he's turning rabid, and my father wouldn't let a rabid dog live.

"Of course not." We heard a raspy voice interrupt. I jumped and we turned to look at a newly appearing Gerard. " Anything that dangerous, that out of control - Is better off dead."

Derek looked at Gerard for a moment before bring his arm up to slice Jackson's throat. As he swung his arm down, the Kanima lunged his fingers into Derek's chest, effectively stopping him. "Derek!" I screamed, worriedly. Isaac pulled me back and Chris drew his gun. Jackson lifted him in the air as he stood. My eyes widened as he flung Derek away, into another room.

"Well done to the last, Scott." Gerard stated as he stepped towards us. "Like the concerned friend you are, you brought Jackson to Derek to save him. You just didn't realise that you were also bringing Derek to me."

Unexpectedly, the swift and sharp sound of an arrow whizzing through the air was heard. Scott ducked, grabbing my arm and he pulled me down with him. The arrow originally intended for us lodged itself in Isaac's shoulder. He let out a gasp and fell back. I took a few steps backwards and looked up, seeing a familiar shadow retreating.

"Allison?" Scott and I said, but I whispered it to myself. I then turned and ran to Isaac, kneeling beside him.

"You okay?" I asked whilst Scott was shouting after Allison. Isaac nodded, gritting his teeth in pain. Scott was soon by my side and helped me pick Isaac up and drag him away from the line of fire as Chris shot at Jackson.

I quickly ripped the arrow out of Isaac. "Sorry, sorry, sorry." I repeated as he let out a muffled yell of pain. He healed quickly and in no time stood back up, right as rain. Chris ran into the room we were in and pulled a knife out after running out of ammo for his gun.