Chapter 11

We walked into the detention, sitting at the closest desk. Stiles sat in front of me and Scott sat next to him. Erica walked in a bit later and sat next to me and I scooted my chair to the left, trying to get just a little bit further away from her.

"We can't be in detention together. I have a restraining order against these tools." Jackson said and pointed into Scott and Stiles' direction.

"All of these tools?" Harris questioned.

"No, just us tools." Stiles said and gestured to himself and Scott.

"Fine. You two, over there." He pointed to another desk. Scott, Stiles and I stood but were stopped when Mr. Harris spoke. "Miss Carter where do you think you're going?"

"Moving?" He just shook his head and gestured for me to sit back down. I looked at Stiles as I sat back down, shifting uncomfortably as my eyes landed on the wooden desk, mapping every line, scratch or dent. Every little message a kid wrote when they were bored. Hoping to avoid as much eye contact with Erica as I could. So to distract myself, I listened in on Scott and Stiles' conversation, if I couldn't be there to hear what they were saying personally then I would have to make do with listening from here.

"I'm gonna kill him." Scott mumbled.

"No, you're not. You're going to find out who's controlling him and then you're gonna help save him."

"No. You were right, let's kill him."

"Oh - No." There was silence for a moment before Stiles spoke up again. "Hey. What if it's Matt?" I looked up from the desk towards Matt. "I mean, this whole thing comes back to the video, right?"

"Danny said that Matt was the one who found the two hours of footage missing." Scott replied, not really going along with the whole Matt idea.

"Exactly! He's trying to throw suspicion off himself." I watched as Matt bit into a chip. He didn't really seem like the vengeance sort.

"So he makes Jackson kill Isaac's dad, one of Argent's hunters, and the mechanic working on your jeep?" Scott questioned.

"Yes!" Stiles agreed.

"Why?" Scott asked, confused.

"Because..." Stiles began, "he's evil." Matt looked around, chewing his chip. Although he didn't look like Kanima controlling material, I trusted Stiles' judgement. Plus, Stiles was right about the majority of things, so why wouldn't he be right now?

"You just don't like him." Scott accused.

"The guy bugs me. I don't know what it is. Just look at his face." We all looked at him as he innocently offered Jackson a chip who declined. "Besides I'm sure Aura agrees with me." They both turned to be and I subtly put a thumb up and nodded my head. Stiles grinned as the turned back around. "See? She's on my side."