Chapter 12

I was laying in my bed, watching Game of Thrones when my phone rang

I was laying in my bed, watching Game of Thrones when my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID 'Scotty-boy' with a picture of Scott. I rang my finger across the answer button and pressed the phone to my cheek.

"Hey wolf boy what can I do for ya?"

"Wolf boy? Really?" He chuckled.

"Yep." I grinned. "What'd you call me for?"

"Are you free, like right now?" He asked and I looked at Game of Thrones longingly. Game of Thrones or Scott. Jon Snow or Scott. Daney or Scott. "Rori?" He questioned and I realised I haven't spoken for a while.

"Uhm. Yep, sure. Why?"

"Well, Deaton says you can come in for your training at the animal clinic if you want." I sat up straight as a grin made it's way onto my face.

"Oh! Yes please. When do you want me there?"

...

Deaton was showing me where I could find everything in the storage cupboard when Scott went off to open the front door of the animal clinic. Deaton and I followed as he let Derek and Isaac in.

"What's he doing here?" Scott asked Derek, referring to Isaac.

"I need him." Derek replied simply.

"I don't trust him." Scott spat to Isaac. I rolled my eyes.

"Scott..." I warned.

"Yeah, well, he doesn't trust you either." Isaac told Scott.

"Isaac..." I said in the same tone of warning I used on Scott, although there was more annoyance evident this time.

"You know what? Derek really doesn't care." Derek butted in.

"Derek!" I ran a hand over my face. "Does no one here have manners? 'Hi Rori, how are you doing today? Good? That's good.'" I ranted to myself in a mumble.

"Now where's the vet? Is he gonna help us or not?" Derek asked, completely ignoring my rambling.

"That depends. Your friend, Jackson. Are we planning to kill him or save him?" Deaton asked from his place leant against the doorway.

"Kill him." Derek spoke at the same time that Scott said 'save him.' They looked at each other for a moment. Scott looked intently at Derek, correcting him.

"Save him." They stared at each other for a moment before Scott turned back to Deaton with the final answer, "save him."

Deaton led us out of the office and into the proper clinic. Whilst we were walking, Isaac turned to me with a smile. "Hi Rori."

"Hey Isaac." I grinned.

"How are you doing today? Good?" I chuckled and nodded. "That's good."