Imagine #75: Poisoned Youth (Part 8)

You have no idea where you're going, but you wish to find someone who would take in your lost and frustrated soul. You've wondered the streets in the middle of the night, easing the pain and the anger away. You can't forget the way Patrick doubted you, but that's not what's bothering you the most, what you're thinking about now is...how can he possibly do that when he's supposed to be on your side – seeing you nothing but PERFECT because of the love potion.

"Deary, you might want to open your eyes to your surroundings...not paying attention can kill you." Suddenly, you felt a cold hand hold your arms to stop you from walking. You looked back and you were shocked to see the old lady from the shop you've gone to days ago.

"H-how did you find me?" you asked in confusion, but she just smiled at you.

The old lady led you to the nearest bench and let you sit there with her. You really can't believe that you just let her drag you and on the first place, you're thinking that you shouldn't trust an old lady who allegedly can use witchcraft and now you're here alone with here in the middle of the night – who knows...maybe in just a snap of her fingers you'll turn into a mouse or something.

"You're confused, perhaps my potion didn't do the trick?" she asked innocently.

"No...I mean, it worked...somehow, I don't...Look, it made him wake up, but contrary to what you said, he still remembers me clearly and the effect of the love potion is still on...I think. I don't know! It's frustrating and I have so many questions right now!" you said helplessly while stare at her. The old lady just smiled at you and laughed innocently.

"You really have so much to learn, Deary –

"No, I don't want to learn, I don't want to do this anymore. I just want to fix him, it's already enough torture for me! And that witch just got things more complicated, making Patrick believe that I made him drink the potion because I desperately want him and really...that's what I don't understand! How can he –

"Hmmmm...that's indeed interesting, deary." She cut you off and looked afar like she was thinking deeply. "Really, even after all these years practicing these things...it still baffles me sometimes." She said in awe.

You stared at her and just sighed helplessly, you think that even she can't help you right now. You just decided to sit in there and wishes a miracle to happen, but you know it's impossible...this was done by, obviously, black magic and as far as I know, that's not an easy thing to beat.

"Magic has rules, right? It supposed to have three goddamn rules, whether it's light or dark magic; number one...it cannot bring the dead back to life, number two...you can't kill people with it, and three...YOU CAN'T MAKE SOMEONE FALL IN LOVE WITH ANOTHER PERSON! But why did this happened, it's like breaking the law of magic?" you ranted and really, if you recorded that and listen to it in the near future, you would really die laughing with all these thoughts that came over you.

"Well, I was asking the same thing, but I really think you can figure this out for yourself." She kindly said and then standing up already.

"What? Look, I can't even think straight now, how can I..."

"Truth potions, Deary, the stronger one that will push a person to spill out every information they have in their heart and mind." She cut you off that made you laughed.

"And use it to Courtney? To show Patrick that she's lying...but isn't that putting me in danger too? If Patrick found out that I can do these things, he'll totally believe that I was the one who gave him that potion." You reasoned out with her.

"You really impress me, you're already thinking ahead...but maybe you're not really looking at all the possibilities here. Not all things you thought impossible is really impossible, haven't you learn that already?" she said that really confused you even more. "Goodnight, and be careful on your way home, Deary." She added and with that, she walked off.

You were left alone in there, more confused than ever but you had no one else to talk to. You really have no idea how to end all of this complicated situation right now.

{Thanks for reading! Sorry if this part is not that interesting!}