Imagine #157: Dare Me Not (Part 18.5)

*Flashback Chapter*

*Y/N's P.O.V.*

"Mia! Have you heard? That nerdy guy from the star section in the morning classes has a HUGE crush on you!" Cindy said while we are eating in the high school cafeteria. Mia and I are just eating there when our friend approached us.

"Who? You mean that Patrick Stump?" Mia asked as I was just listening to them as I eat.

I'm a part of their circle of friends for a while now and I still don't know why. They are known to be the popular girls in this high school...and me? Well, I just got lucky that I became their friend and here I am sitting with the popular girls in school.

"Yep, that's the guy. I just heard it from some others that he's really head over heels for you." Cindy continued to say.

I honestly haven't seen that guy, but I always hear his name, it really seems he's the intelligent star-student of this high school. I was just shocked to find out that he like Mia...well, it's not that Mia is not likable, I just think that she's not the right one for that kind of guy. Mia is playful, and by liking her is like coming close to fire.

"Really?" Mia said, sounding so interested about the topic. She suddenly had a smirk on her lips. "I can make use of that, besides, I'm really failing my subjects now. I need an extra help." she said and from that moment I'm not voting for what she's thinking.

"You thinking of using him?" I suddenly asked and she looked at me.

Mia...how can I describe this girl? She's not that mean...well, not for me at least. She's actually really kind and funny, but she's a girl with an attitude and when that attitude hits her...she's like this. She's like a part of the mean girls.

"What? It's not like it could harm him." she simply said and she shrugged.

"Just leave him be, I'm here...I can help you with your subjects...besides, you have someone already. It'll just mess up things." I told her with a smile and she just giggled.

"Oh, you're really no fun, Y/N...I'll think about it." she said and I just hoped I convinced him not to do it anymore.

But I guess that hope of mine didn't really do anything.

--------------------

*Days later*

I was just reading inside the library when a piece of paper flew in front of me. I caught it and written on it was a phone number.

"What's thi--

"Patrick's phone number," Mia said and she was the one who threw me the paper. She has this smile on her lips again and I sighed.

"I thought you won't do it anymore? What's this?" I asked worriedly.

"Come on, it's just a little fun, Y/N...besides, Cindy dared me. It seems like she has a thing with that Patrick too and she told me whoever got him first will win the dare. I actually have the upper hand here, so help me out." she said, with excitement in her voice.

"What? Mia...we're toying with someone if we do this. This is...cruel." I told her in worry and she just giggled.

"We'll just flirt, come on. Besides, your task is just to always text and talk with him on the phone. I gave him your number, telling him it's mine. Just pretend to be me and flirt with him. It's not that hard, just to keep in going on and I'll be the one personally meeting him at times." she explained and I just sighed. "Come on, girl. I dare you to do it," she said with a smirk and I can't believe I just chuckled at her.