Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Sam's POV

Of course he would leave. Why did i really expect them to stay? So again i sit here alone on the street curb waiting for someone to save me. But i don't think the universe cares so much this time. They all were really starting to feel like family, especially once they leave i won't have any.

We had started the day so early with coffee, that the rest of my morning was free. Standing just in time for a taxi cab to pull by, i look left, and i look right and seeing no better option i wave it down. As i seat myself inside on the cold leather interior, someone else slips inside.

"Excuse me" i say with irritation lacing my voice, obviously no one was gonna get on my nerves.

"Sorry, love. couldn't let you slip away like that. we'd miss you too much"

"louis." for some reason i did't expect him to come after me. i didn't expect anyone.

"Where are we going?" noticing the taxi had yet to move, i quickly tell the driver to just go.

"i have no place to be" i wink, but the moment i look away my mystery fades, my poker face nowhere to be found. And i laugh, with sadness and tears threatening to break free.

"is something funny?" he says quietly, he knows. He knows that i won't talk if he asks. Louis, of all people has been the most surprising, knowing exactly how to read my thoughts, a task that has been found to difficult for others. The reason that others do not attempt to scale the walls that are built miles around me. But he reads me with ease, and doesn't fear my emotional roller coaster.

"It's just that, i came here to not really find myself. but to make myself, into a person who i could be proud of. One, with all the things i had only thought of, in the four walls i had back home. And meeting you was a step in that direction, at first, but now i feel even more confused. I don't know what to do? I've always known what to do, and now there's no road for me to follow."

"just because there isn't a road, doesn't mean you can't go anywhere. Take a plane. There problem solved, see? Sam. You don't need a plan, life has a way of screwing us over whether we have one or not. So why don't you just move on. Yes, we are family now. I know it's kinda really fast but you know what that makes it all the better. We look out for family."

He looks at me pleading, "come home?" and he taps on the glass and tells the driver to take us back to the hotel.

Sighing i scooch closer to him and rest my head on his chest, i try to think about what I'm gonna do without them. It's only been about a week and yet i feel so poor. A kind of poverty that means i am dependent, not for money but for love. I don't know what i wanna do with my life, at all. Analise she at least knows, and even when the boys leave she'll be able to go on.

"What are you gonna do without me?" I say to louis, a lame attempt at reverse psychology.

"I don't know, i'm gonna definitely miss you a lot." he laughs, and i smile slipping into a blissfull mindstate unaware of anything.

When we arrive louis doesn't take me inside, instead we head a few blocks down into an enormous building. Inside everything is upscale, people in suits and marble flooring. I immediately feel underdressed.

"Louis what are we doing here?"

"The boys and i have to do some recording for a new album we're working on. should be really quick i just thought you'd like to watch?"

"Sure" i say causally even though i may have been a complete and utter mess a few moments ago i couldn't help but be excited.

We took the elevator straight up to the 22nd floor, and arrived at a very long hallway with so many doors i couldn't count. We entered on just to the left an inside was a large sound booth with a control panel that lined the entire length of the room. A glass separated the Microphones on the other side where four of the band members already stood. They waved, dazed by everything i just stared in awe. There was a man sitting in a chair in front of the control panel and he motioned for me to sit, i looked at louis and he nodded. He entered the other side and said hello to the boys, i couldn't hear anything they said but the conversation looked intense. It got very heated quickly but after Liam intervened Louis stopped talking, Niall looked irritated. When i smiled encouragingly they silently made up. Zayn was waving trying to catch my attention, he gestured as if wondering where analise was. Curious, i pulled out my cell and dialed the number.

"Hello?"

"where are you?"

"Back at the hotel room, where are you?"

"I'm with the boys, they're are recording right now"

"Recording and they didn't invite me?!"

"Come join us!" i tell her where we are and she says she's on her way.

The boys warm up their voices and the bits and pieces i hear them sing sound awesome.

Twenty minutes pass and still no analise, by this time the boys have already started to record. The song i'm told is called Last First Kiss. It's sweet and i wonder who they wrote it about.

"I wrote that for you" Louis says over the microphone. I notice Niall is not making eye contact with anyone. Zayn looks at me questionably about Analise, this time he looks considerably concerned. I'm speechless because nobody has ever put that much effort into anything for me. Louis comes out of the sound booth and walks up to me and hugs me, over his shoulder i see Niall looking at me and he nods. Giving me permission to let him go, because we both know it wouldn't have worked out in the long run. I lean back and kiss louis on the lips, melting into him as if it was a movie. It makes me sad because at the back of my mind i know i'm still going to loose him.

"I've got to go." as i let go of louis, he nods.

"Analise?" i look at him, his eyes just don't want me to go. But he releases me and heads back to the boys, i walk over to him and peck him on the cheek whispering in his ear how much i loved the song.

********************

"Where the hell is she?!" I scream.

I got back to our room, and her stuff was gone, her suitcase and her clothes, everything but a goodbye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SORRY I HAVEN'T WRITTEN IN SUCH A LONG TIME.

I'll try to keep up with it, some people might have to bug me though. School is a pain in my ass.