Chapter 15

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 15

Liam's POV

I call a cab and I wait on the steps. When it arrives I take a last look at the apartment, I admire the generosity of the people who live in it. A warm glow fills my body, my hands feel weak as i open the door to the cab. I contemplate my options, and not to far from the hotel my phone buzzes, looking down I see its a text from an unknown number.

You're not part of the background, your much more than that. A friend.

Alicia? She must have put her number in my phone when I passed out. She was so loving and caring that it made me smile just thinking about the fact that she cared. As I'm riding up in the elevator to our floor, I find Sam and Analise walking down the hallway. I call to them and find they look surprised to see me.

"Hey, you guys coming over then?" I ask catching them before the go to far. Not making eye contact with Analise, I look at them indirectly, and try not to focus on one thing.

"Umm actually we came to find you" Sam speaks, and Analise remaining mute.

"Me?" I shrug, "we'll you found me haven't you. Do you wanna come in?" I gesture toward the door several feet away.

"Not exactly" Analise blurts out, she stops suddenly looking embarrassed. Sam looks at her and the reproachful look makes me wonder what shes thinking, continuing for her she explains her proposition.

"A girlfriend?"

"Yea, so you can be happy." Sams poker face tries to read mine, "you know so you don't go snogging everyone else's girlfriends" her face finally cracking but instead of anger, concern makes her forehead crinkle.

"So is it official then, he's your boyfriend?" I look at Analise full on for the first time since the conversation started.

"We're together, what does it matter if we put labels on it?"

Ignoring her obvious irritation at my question, I realize they are serious.

"No, absolutely not." And immediately they whine.

"What why not?" Sam asks.

"Because. Just because. And plus its also humiliating!"

"We don't even have to tell anyone!"

"No." I say as firmly as possible. And my mind drifts, what would Alicia say about this?

"Liam?" Analise is looking at me, and she's smiling.

"What?! Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You met someone didn't you?" There's a long pause, "you did! Who is she?"

"None of your business." And with that I walk toward the hotel room. I close the door behind me, resting my head on the door I breathe deeply. Thinking about maybe what she was doing right now? Was she still worried about me? Would she want to hang out, or was I bound to get stuck in the friend zone? What if I'm not? Or what if she does consider me as more than a friend just because she feels bad? Still standing there i look up.

"Liam? Are you alright?" Louis asks. All of the boys are standing there, staring right at me.

"Yea, fine."

I walk to my room as normal as possible and pull off my shirt. I grabbed fresh clothes and headed for the bathroom. I started the shower, and I hear a knock on the door.

"Hey, are you sure your okay?" It was Niall this time.

"Yea, I'm cool. Ill tell you guys about it when I get out."

"Alright. You better, you gone all night!"

I step in the shower, I let the hot water run over my body. The feeling of relaxation washes over me, I finish up in the shower and I get dressed. Once I exit the bathroom, they're all waiting for me on the couch. I sit down in the armchair next to them. It's quiet, they have yet to turn on even the television.

"So where the bloody hell were you?" Harry breaks the silence. I tell them about how I got so drunk last night.

"And so I was just feeling down, I wanted to get out for a bit"

"Get out? Really? That's how you get out?" Zayn asks, "unbelievable."

"We'll yea, and so I ran into Briana and I must have passed out. Beacuse next thing you know I wake up in an apartment and a girl is taking care of me."

"Was she hot?" Harry chimes in.

Ignoring his question I tell them how she explained that Briana had brought me.

"And then I left"

"You left?!" Louis says startled.

"Did you get her number?" Niall's interrupts.

"Do you fancy her?" Obviously Harry. But before I even get the chance to answer any of the questions Zayn looks at me and smiles.

"He likes her." They all cheer.

"Liam's got a girlfriend!"

"I do not!" But quietly hoping that Alicia was the chance he'd been looking for.