Chapter 18: About Damn Time!

Hidden Powers
[NaLu Fanfiction]
By: JeRein_14

~★~

Chapter 18: About Damn Time!

~★~

Max's POV

I'm confident. My plan will work this time. I studied the theories, possibilities, and what if's. Laid them all on the table and carefully arranged them. Tonight's a full moon. In this phenomonen, me, my siblings and cousins are at our full power. Our senses enhances, magic gradually develops and our instincts advances. At this time, we're at our strongest state.

My plan was simple. Me and my companions will form a circle at a spacious place that has a clear view of the starry sky, such as this hill. We casted a spell that releases wave of our magic, allowing it to flow freely around us. The purpose of this was to give Lucy an idea on our whereabouts. Whether she's in another town or continent, it doesn't matter. As i said, this time of the year, we are our strongest. She will feel our magic presence. Though, the spell will last for only less than 15 minutes as large amount of magic is being depleted from our bodies each second. I'm not that worried. Lucy's smart. She can pick up our message even if she's million of miles away. She would be able to figure out our motives and would come searching for us. I believe in her. I have faith in my twin sister.

"Would you and Yuuki be ok?" Kurt asked me, hesitation was evident on his features. He kew we were reaching our limits, that we wouldn't last for long. But we need to continue.

"Yeah. Just go and handle those thugs. Make sure you beat them up good. On our behalf." I managed to offer him a smile, though it faltered as i felt another wave of my energy being eaten. Wincing, i gave Kurt and Zach a stern look that says 'Go!'. They seemed to catch on as they nodded and ran off to the trespassers.

"M-Max.." i flinched hearing Yuuki's almost pleading voice. Glancing down at my cousin, my eyes widened upon seeing her current state. She doesn't look good. Literally. Her breathing was fast and short, her skin complexion was pale, her eyes was firmly closed while her whole body was shaking and trembling. The fatigue and exhaustion was getting to her sooner than i had anticipated.

"Yuuki! You-"

"No.. I can still continue. I'm just a little tired but i can still keep up.." she smiled genuinely at me. Somehow, she looked so fragile and weak. Then, the determination and passion that was burning in her eyes was strongest i have ever seen. I can't help but smile back down on her. Even though she's two months older than me, i'm still 4 inches taller than her. Our height difference makes it seem that i'm older, though i can't say i'll argue about that. Yuuki's childish, stubborn and immature. She acts like a brat and a child. But now, that side of hers was nowhere in sight. She seemed mature.. Probably due to the desire of seeing Lucy again..

"Alright. But tell me if you can't hold on much longer. Kurt and Zach will kill me if something bad happens to you just because of my plan." She nodded and went back to concentrating. I did the same. Although, my eyes were focused on the fight that was unfolding before us.

Zach and Kurt isn't doing well than they usually do. Probably because they only have less than half of their magic left since the spell ate most of it. They were struggling while fighting the intruders. Clearly not a good sign.. The fact that all their enemies were wizards wasn't helping. I winced when i was one of the trespassers launch a black beam at Kurt which hit him square in the chest. He flew back at least a few meters away, leaving him barely conscious. Sh*t! This isn't good!

Zach, on the other hand, wasn't doing any better. He had at least four enemies surrounding him, all prepared to cast a spell. Urgh! They guaranteed that he won't have any chance to escape. I was gonna go to his aid but apparently, i was too late. They managed to cast a powerful spell that made him unconscious. My eyes were wide as i saw my brother fall down to the ground with multiple injuries. F*ck! F*ck! This is bad! Really bad! These wizards aren't ordinary. If they were, Zach and Kurt wouldn't have that much of a problem even if they only have half of their powers left. They're probably S-Class wizards. But still! Those two should have put on a much better fight than this! They should be their strongest tonight! Why isn't the full moon taking effect?

I glanced up at the skies and gasped loudly. I managed to answer all of my questions with that single glance. A large smoke was covering the moon, blocking our view of it. That was one of the disadvantages. Inorder to acquire our strongest state, we need to have at least a good view of the full moon. If a cloud, in this case smoke, covered it, we will return to our original strength and magic level. To be able to achieve the bless of the full moon, we need to be touched or reached by it's light. The Moonlight.

Apparently, Death Corpse managed to get ahold of this sensitive information. They probably knew we were planning something like this from the start! Urgh! I led my team to another one of their traps! F*ck!!

I instinctively took a step back when i saw the group of mages starting to approach our spot. I can't help but curse once again when i felt the spell stopped, the same time when Yuuki fainted beside me. Reflexively, i managed to catch her before she can hit the ground.

"Ohhh, look who we have here. The last member of those Stellar Scumbags that's left standing." narrowing my eyes at the name, i instinctively took a step back, carefully placing down the unconscious Yuuki behind me.

"What do you still want from us? It's been years already! Aren't you growing tired of running after us?!" I spat out angrily, trying to scare them off.

"Why would we? We aren't the ones who's running away. We should be the ones asking you that. Aren't you tired? Why don't you just surrender?" One of them took a step forward which panicked me. Out of instinct, i summoned my universal blade. It's a sword that's half my side but weights like a feather. It can create strong offensive attacks by just a single wave.

"Stand back, asshol*s. I'm not backing down without a fight." I threatened, pointing the sword towards them in a challenging way by using a single hand.

"Still acting tough, kid? Well, let's see who's gonna ran back to their mommy's after this." The ugliest of them, which was the one who made that dumb remark, charged up at me with lightning speed. I barely had the time to watch his movements as i already felt him hovering on top of me. Luckily, i managed to dodge the attack he launched from above, bringing Yuuki with me of course. I tsked angrily begore gently placing my cousin down on a safer place.

I didn't counter his remark. Instead, i charged at him. I gripped my sword with both hands before swinging it to the left, aiming for his gut. Unfortunately, he saw through me and blocked my attack by his bare hands. I didn't even had time to blink as another one of them launched a beam behind me. My eyes widened and everything felt like it was in slow motion as i watched the attack near me.

'No! I don't have time to dodge! D*mn it!' Closing my eyes, i waited for the painful impact. 3 seconds.. 5 seconds.. It never came.. 'Wha-'

"That's playing dirty, j*rks. Why don't you fight me instead?" oh, god... she's here. About damn time!

~★~

Hey!!

Gomen ne for the late UD!

Also, i'm sorry but i won't be able to update Stellar Mischief or Barbie Nerd this week. I'm kind of stressed out these past few days, not physically but mentally. I don't know why though. Weird huh?

It might have something to do with choosing my future career.. Say, do you guys think psychology suits me? Or should i go with Business Ad? Gaaahhh! I'm soooo confused! I don't know what route to take!!

Anyways, excuse me for being childish or immature. I'm just not ready to be an adult anytime soon.. *pouts*

Please follow me,

Read,

Comment or PM,

And vote.

Love lots,
☆JeRein_14