The Siren

Picture to your right is Sarasvati

After a minute of painfully feeling my lungs shrivel up, I thought of my mother. She was probably an angel now, and I could only hope to be as lucky to join her. I smiled as water starting rushing into my mouth, I was going back home I thought.

And I lost all consciousness, but not before I felt arms close around me and the scaly feeling of a fish brush my legs. But by then, I was too far gone to care.

*******

My throat burned as if I had attempted to set it on fire. My head pounded like I had been beaten by a pack of rabid apes. My arms and legs were incredibly sore, I cracked open an eye, locking eyes with bright blue ones. I almost sighed in relief, until I realized it wasn’t Flynn. I bolted up, wincing as my head pounded.

She was beautiful. That was all that could be said. No blemishes on her smooth brown skin. Her face was positively flawless, her shiny long black curly hair running down her back. But what made her stand out were her blue eyes, other than the fact that she was naked. I had never seen a person of color with blue eyes.

I looked around me, and saw I was in Flynn’s room again. She sat beside me, her and I the only ones in the room. I swung my legs over the bed and stood up, and then I realized something. I too was naked. I grabbed the sheets off the bed and wrapped myself in them, the beautiful woman looking at me with wide eyes.

I tried to ignore her strange staring as I looked about the room for my clothes. They were hanging over the back of a chair, drying I assumed. I grabbed them and put them on as quickly as possible, avoiding the woman’s stare all the while.

I then dropped the sheets back onto the bed, and turned to walk to the door when she spoke, “What are you called?” she asked. Her voice was so sweet and innocent that I halted in my tracks.

I turned around slowly and avoided staring at her body, “My name’s Adeline, and yourself?” I asked. She smiled, “I am called Sarasvati amongst my sisters” she responded.

Her sisters? I really needed to find Loki and make sure everybody were okay, and here I was chattering with a naked girl. How did she even get on the ship anyway? Had I been asleep so long that we’d made port and picked her up? I needed to talk to someone who knew what was going on.

“Well it’s nice to meet you Sarasvati, but I must be going.” I said in a nice tone. I turned and left the room without a glance back. I walked down the corridor, my damp clothes clinging to me. I climbed up to the deck and bumped into Emil. He growled at me, mumbled a word I don’t care to repeat, and ambled away.

I surveyed the crew until my eyes rested upon a head of dark curly hair. I rushed over, “Loki! Oh dear God I’m so happy you’re okay.” I embraced him as soon as he turned around.

“Adeline what in all that is holy are you doing out of bed and in these wet clothes. Are you trying to make yourself sick?” He whined.

I released him, “I was worried sick. The last thing I remember was tumbling overboard, I had no idea what was happening when I woke up in Flynn’s room with a naked woman hovering over me.”