Humanity

Picture to the right is Loki

Captain Gaige looked at me and smiled genuinely, “Take care of him temptress.” He sent Indie a warning look and that’s when exploded into a wave of heat searing my face and body.

I screamed.

*********

Castor’s POV

We rushed downstairs and followed the sound of the scream. We burst into the first room we saw, I heard Sara gasp from behind me. There lying on the floor was Adeline. She was in the fetal position sobbing as red blotches marked her arms and legs.

I rushed over to her and knocked Flynn out of the way, “What has happened?” Argo yelled.

I gathered Adeline into my arms and stood up with her, “Grab that bastard!” I yelled signaling to secure Indie.

Loki moved towards him quickly with little grace and wrapped his arms around him. Sara and Zintarrah crowded around me staring down on my sister.

“Are you alight Addie?” Sara asked worriedly.

Adeline lifted her head, “Is it over? Has Captain Gaige found peace?” she probed.

Flynn shoved Sara and Zintarrah out of the way and grabbed Adeline’s hand, “He has. He gave up his immortality and with it, all the gifts.” He said and pointedly glared at Indie.

He swept over to him, stopping right in front of his face, “Looks like you’re just like the rest of us now brother.” He mocked.

Indie scoffed, “So what now brother? You plan to kill me, so that you can sail into the sunset with your whore and your band of mates? You would leave me to die while you reap all the riches?” Indie spat venomously.

Flynn smiled, “No, nothing like that. I plan to drop you off to the next island we come across. That is my gift to you Indie; your life. I never want to so much as hear of you after that.”

Indie’s eyes narrowed, “What if I do not agree to such terms?”

“Then you will die right here right now. Simple isn’t it?” Flynn said mock enthusiasm.

Indie bristled at his mockery but said nothing to counter him. A stiff nod from Flynn, and Loki was shoving Indie towards the cell and locked the iron   gate.

“Pick up those keys. We’ll not have him escaping” Flynn ordered. Loki complied in silence.

“Can we go above deck? I’ve had just about enough of being down here.” Adeline whispered from my arms.

“Good idea. We should regroup” Argo said as he entwined his fingers with Sara’s.

 The trod back above deck was silent. No one spoke, but we all knew what each other were wondering. Had Flynn taken the cure yet? It was undoubtedly the question on everyone’s mind.