Friendship

Picture of Castor to your right

“I’ll miss you too” I said as she closed the door behind her.

As soon as she was gone I collapsed onto the floor in tears. I had lost another person I loved.

I stiffened as I felt Loki’s arms wrap around me, “It’s going to be fine Addie” He whispered against my hair. I nodded slowly. But his words meant nothing. I couldn’t believe she was gone. I had known there would be consequences for her abandoning her betrothed, but I had no idea it would result in her leaving. I had hoped she would’ve at least put up a fight.

I dragged my hands over my face attempting to wipe away all trace of tears. I inhaled deeply letting my mind clear.

“Thank you Loki” I said as if nothing were the matter.

Loki pulled back, confusion spread all over his face, “You’re alright then.” he stated.

I nodded and gave him a weak smile, “I’m fine. Just wasn’t expecting her to be gone so soon.” I muttered.

Loki nodded and sat back on his heels, “So, are ya hungry then?”

********

The next day, everyone was back to normal as if the whole thing never happened. The only ones that seemed to be affected from Sara’s abrupt departure were myself, Loki, and Argo. Argo especially wasn’t taking it well. When Sara tried to bid him farewell, he’d locked himself in his quarters refusing to come out. He hadn’t even accepted the meals that Loki attempted giving him.

Flynn seemed as if he didn’t care which bothered me to no end. Wasn’t he the same man who had been dragged back to the ship by her when he was too weak to swim for himself? Was he not the same man who had defended her when Argo demanded she be thrown overboard? How he could just up and ignore her parting as if she had never been here in the first place was beyond me.

But I was growing accustomed to his odd ways. My cheeks reddened as the memory of the kiss we had shared in his room. I wrung my hands and smiled fondly. If only he were like that at all times.

“LAND!” the frail man in the top castle yelled. I jolted up from my small corner of the deck. I rushed over to the railing and indeed, there off in the distance, was land. My face broke out into a large grin.

I would finally get a break from the sea. I let out a breath of relief.

“Excited huh?” Loki asked from beside me.

I nodded giddily, “Any chance to have an interruption from sailing the vast seas on this wretched ship is cause for excitement.”

Loki agreed with a nod and a smile, “I shall go alert Argo of the news.”

I grabbed his arm, “Can I go instead?” I asked wearily.

Loki nodded reluctantly. I rushed off before he could change his mind. I had no idea why he and Flynn were so against me speaking with Argo. I would rather get all of our problems out in the open than leave them mulling about to make the both of us bitter towards each other.