Lies

I stared at the door willing it to open. What had I done wrong? Argo and Sara spent the night together. Weren’t we to do the same? We loved each other.

I smiled as the words rang. We loved each other.

Flynn loved me.

Unsurprisingly, sleep did not come easily to me. As I laid in my cot, all that I could think about were Flynn’s feelings towards me. I wanted to run around the ship squealing happily.

Questions swarmed around in my head. When had he started liking me? Where were we to go from here? Were things going to change dramatically?

These questions plagued me for most of the night. Not to mention that I’d still not gotten used to the scurrying of the rats moving about in the kitchen.

Usually Sara was here alongside me braving the same conditions. But not anymore, she was sound asleep beside the man she loved while I was asleep in a damp kitchen cold and alone.

I suppose it wouldn’t have bothered me before tonight’s revelations but I could not help it. She was cuddled up beside Argo while my only company was the rats that scurried about the kitchen. It seemed that jealousy was becoming a natural emotion for me to feel every day, being around the two of them made me envious.

Flynn was nowhere near as romantic as Argo. He was sullen, cruel, and secretive. But it made me love him even more. I would gladly endure years of his mood swings if for one day of each year; I got to see him sincerely happy. Hopefully after all this cure business was finished, I would be granted that fantasy.

After another hour of staring into darkness, I sat up and tip toed out of the kitchen, careful not to bother the rats. I made my way above deck anxious to feel the cool night air on my face. I walked onto the deck quietly not wanting to startle any of the men on night duty.

I made my way to the side railing of the ship and closed my eyes letting the cool breeze blow my hair about. It was soothing. I was just about to braid my hair as it was getting to be annoying when I heard faint whispers.

I glanced about. No one was supposed to be up at this hour. The men usually slept like the dead until Argo turned over their beds. I sent a silent thanks to the gods that I was no longer being dumped onto the floor to be woken up, But then again, Loki banging around pans as he prepared breakfast was not much of an improvement.

I silently made my way to the direction that the whispers were coming from. I ducked down behind a barrel when I heard the whispers turn angry. I peered around the barrel and through my hand over my mouth to stop myself from voicing the load gasp that was about to sound out of my mouth.

There standing on the deck was a beautiful blonde naked woman. She was so perfect in every way that I had to physically restrain myself from reaching out to touch her. My heart rate sped up when I laid eyes on who she was angrily conversing with.

Sara.

I squeezed my hand over my mouth harder for I knew what was to come already. What in blazes was Sara doing up out of bed talking to a beautiful naked woman. Had she gone completely mad?