Test No. 1001

They had stopped testing the Trance after a thousand failed tests. But Klein thought Alicia might just be able to make it, judging by her personality. He had known the sword for a long time. He had actually started noting patterns in it's behavior. Sparky and challenging personality was just what it wanted. One of the reasons was that it wanted to be used after all these years of lying in the dust. It just needed someone to cherish and polish it. If polishing isn't done from time to time... You might not want to know the events which could give you nightmares.
"Participant 1001, are you ready" boomed the speaker. Alicia nodded in response and gripped the sword. At first, the sword resisted with sheer force. It moved violently, dragging her around with it. All she could do then was keep holding onto the sword. She could hear the bells on the hilt ring as if they were a fire alarm. The sword gave up on dragging her and was now just falling in directions she didn't want it to go. Slash! Her leg bled from the long shallow blood. She could feel the drops of blood running down her thigh. Frustrated as she was, she griped the blade with the other hand until the Trance finally decided to trust her and her reckless personality. Their power fused together. The blood dripping from her thigh and hand, with which she stopped the blade, had started to return to her body. Once it was all in place, the skin recovered the top layer. The surge of energy felt good, really good until...