Another Encounter

"Let's go outside," Akuma said, taking a human form.

"Don't you dare! Change back!" Alice shouted.

"Not if you don't agree," he says with a fake puppy face.

"Fine! But this is the girl's toilet. Turn back to your original form this instant!" Alice repeats.

"Gosh, you don't have to be so aggressive," Aku replies.

He swishes back into the sword form as the door opens. When Alice turns to go outside, she is surprised to see a little girl beside her. "Hi... What are you doing here?" she asked with her voice as sweet as honey, ignoring the stifled laugh from Aku.

"I am just wondering around. At least that's what they told me to do," she answered.

"Wanna come for a walk?" Alice invites.

"I can also show you around," she replies slowly, after a minute of pondering. It was surprising that the little girl knew that she's new. She is used to surprises, though.

They are lead out of the building, into one of the most magnificent gardens. To Alice, the feeling is alienating. It makes her miss her home, but also provides a mysterious calmness. There are purple flowers, blue flowers, pink flowers, all kinds of flowers.

Somewhere around the end, a greenhouse can be seen. The girl glides towards it. "This is the greenhouse," she says, breaking the silence, "Almost no one comes here."

Alice opens the door. It's not as old and broken as she had expected it to be. Everything is perfect. There is also a canopy formed by overgrown trees. Despite the fact that everything is dark, many plants have grown. Most of them have flowers with glowing insides.

"Amaz... ing," Alice trails off as she sees a figure move. The little girl waves at it. "Why are you here?" a voice belonging to the figure asks. It is a masculine voice, and the figure is a little bit taller. Aku tenses up unusually. "Be careful," he whispers.

"Leave," the figure shouts as it steps forward. It's a tall boy with a black hair, except for a thin lock of silver hair. His eyes make it impossible for her to look right into them. They absorb her, gobble her, devour her until there is nothing left of her. Aku changes into his human form and stands in front of her, protectively. The little girl that Alice had seen earlier keeps tugging at the figure, and nagging him to let them stay, but he solidly refuses.