Chapter Four

When You Go, Just Know That I Will Remember You

Sorry for any spelling/grammar issues!

CHAPTER FOUR

~The Funeral~

Alicia's POV

Ray stood solemnly between the caskets of Christa and Sasha. He wore a black suit with a black tie. His hands were clasped together in front of him as he accepted condolences from people.

The rest of us lined one wall of the room, Mikey, Frank and Gerard's suits matching Ray's. Jamia, LynZ and myself all wore knee length black dresses.

My arm was pressed against Mikey's. I want so badly to bury my face in his chest and feel his arms wrap around me, make everything go away. The same thoughts keep running through my mind. Why us? Why our family? Ray has been through so much already. Why when he finally starts finding happiness again why does this happen to him?

It was the hardest thing I've ever gone through, losing my baby boy, but if I had've lost Mikey too, I don't think I would have been able to carry on. I don't know how Ray does it. He has grown into such a strong man from the immature 25 year old I used to know.

It's time to take the caskets to the cemetary. Ray gently picked up Sasha's casket and proceeded slowly down the hall towards the hearse. Mikey, Frank, Gerard, Christa's brother and father, and Bob carried the casket holding Christa.

I'm really glad Bob showed up and agreed to be a paul bearer. He's still part of this family, whether or not he's always with us.

We followed in a line down the hall. I limo carried us to the cemtetary. No one spoke the whole ride. Ray's eyes were tear lined, but he never let one escape the barriers of his eyes.

The caskets were carried back out of the hearse in the same fashion. The were placed gently on the stands that would ease them into the ground.

Ray said a short poem about love and family, his voice cracking and a tear rolling down his cheek. He won't let anyone hug him right now. I know that if he gives in to his tears, he won't be able to stop crying for a long time.

The caskets were lowered, and a soft sob escaped Ray's lips. He came over to us and allowed himself to be hugged.

People came over to him and siad how sorry they were and goodbye. Slowly the cemetary became deserted except for us. Even Christa's family didn't stay very long.

Ray looked at the graves one final time and whispered "I love you both so much. I'll be strong for you, and I'll miss you each and every day."

================================================================================~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~================================================================================

Sorry its so rushed, no a/n right now as I'm going to be alte for school. Thanks for reading!

-Cass