Chapter 6

Vanessa's POV---

----------------------

I left my dorm, and went to the...living room I guess you could call it. There sat Jackson reading a book, he smiled up at me.

"Oh so you did come." He said, smiling. I smacked his shoulder. And he faked getting hurt and pouted.

"Grow up." I said, laughing, sitting beside him. "What you reading?"

"Just a mystery book." He said, and showed me the cover. I nodded.

"Cool." I said, trying to sound interested.

"Ya."

"So what did you want to catch up on?" I asked him, he shrugged.

"Just whatever, haven't talked to you in a while."

I nodded again, as it was true. "Well I haven't done much in my life so what about yours?" I asked.

"Not much to be honest, just school here, trying to land a good job for when I'm done. " He said, shrugging again. He smiled over at me and I returned it. Then I noticed Draco, who just walked into the room.

"Hey Draco," I said, smiling over at me. He said hello back, and almost immediately I could feel the tension again. It must really be a boy thing, like what are they so worked up about?

I mentally shook it off, and resumed from there.

Draco went off and did his thing, and I continued talking to Jackson. We talked about the school events he's attended, the professors, and all of that.

"Sometime we should meet at the courtyard after all the classes are done." He said, I looked at him.

"Uh, sure I guess." I said, he smiled.

"Alright, well I'm gunna go get some shut eye. See ya." He said, I nodded.

"Okay," and after he left, I sat for a second. Jackson acts to weird, or at least compared to how he used to act around me.

"You should get some sleep," Draco says, I jump. He was leaning against a pillar. I rolled my eyes.

"Have you been there the entire time?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Cuz I can," he says, then walked over to me. "Why him?"

"What?" I asked, confused. What was he talking about? Draco just looks at me, rolls his eyes, and says, "okay then."

"So Snape's really your dad hey?" He asks, I nod. "That's pretty cool," an yet again I nod.

"Who's your father?" I ask, just looking at him.

"Lucius Malfoy." Draco says, ever so blandly. I raise my eye brows.

"You don't sound impressed." I say, he shrugs.

"Meh." was his only reply.

"Alrightyyy,....." I say, "Well I'm gunna go up now. Goodnight Draco." I say as I get up.

"Goodnight Vanessa." He says, and just the way he said it made my heart flutter.

I get up to my bed and lay down.

What the heck just happened? Those boys are so weird!They act so territorial. And what's up with me getting butterflies??? Like seriously!

It wasn't too long before I fall asleep.

----------------------------

I wake early the next morning while one else is up, which is pretty typical for me. So, I pull off the covers quietly and get out of bed. I change, and do my morning routine, and go downstairs with a small notebook and pen, and the stack of small books I need for my classes.

I find no one downstairs, and I sit on the couch. The magic fire still blazing it's green color, which makes the dark room have a greenish glow. I open my notebook and start to draw.

I find myself worked into a trance as I draw, my mind blanking of any thoughts, and so I wasn't aware of time passing by.

My first classes were okay, I had one with the Professor McGonagall in transformation. That was interesting. And another class, and now it's time for me to have my class with dad. Potions with Professor Snape!

I arrive to class a few min early, and I see my father sitting at his desk at the front. He hasn't heard me come in, so I creep up to his desk and stand there quietly. When he does look up, he jumps. I smile.

"Vanessa." He says in his mono-tone voice. And I see the small curve of his lips.

"Hey dad," I say and smile, "How is your day going?"

"Good, I guess. How were your first classes?" He says, fiddling with some papers.

"Pretty good..." I say, but was cut short when students started piling in.

"Please take a seat, sweetheart." He says softly, and I see the small curve again.

"Yes, sir." I say, smiling. I take a seat at the front. Within a few minutes, Draco comes in and sits beside me.

"Do you mind?" He asks, I shake my head.

"Go for it," I say, and then notice the stare my father gives him, then turns his attention back to the rest of the class.

My father asks us many questions, of which Hermione answered most of them. And then it happened.

Harry Potter and Ron Weasley came in late, and boy was my father displeased.

------------

Please please please please Vote and comment :D