Chapter 11

Vanessa's POV
----
My laid on my back on my bed, looking at the ceiling.

A hoot from outside made me jump. I looked at my alarm, it was 2:34am. I sigh and roll my eyes as I climb out of bed. Opening my window, my black owl swoops in.

"Marlow." I chirp, and pet him softly, taking the letter from his mouth. I sit on the couch bench at the window and Marlow curls up in my lap.

I open the letter and read:

"Dear Vanessa,
I hope you're enjoying your holiday with your dad. Been busy so I wasn't able to send a letter before now, sorry about that. I can't wait to see you again, but I know time with your dad is hard to get with school in the way, so I won't wish for the holiday to pass fast!
My mom asked about you, she wants to meet you now I guess? My family can be weird so I guess that'll wait for another time.
Can't believe this year is half over already! Soon we'll be second years! Imagine that...
Anyways, hope to hear from you soon.
Merry Christmas!
Draco."

I smile at the letter and laugh. Marlow hoots in my lap, and I try to gently move him to get my paper and ink. But Marlow immediately flies up, grabs my paper and comes back.

I chuckle at his helpfulness. Going back an forth, he brings my quill and my inkwell (it has a screw on top with an attachment to the bottle itself that way he wont accidentally drop it. ). I pat him gently, and he curls up in my lap once more. Using the window pane, I write my letter to Draco.

"Dear Draco,
I've been pretty busy too so no worries on the late letter. Funny though, It's half past two in the morning right now, couldn't  sleep. Marlow just delivered your message. Honestly, I thought your owl would've dropped off the message but hey, whatever works. Time with my dad is hard to get, so thank you. I hope your enjoying your Christmas as much as I am mine.
Yeah, it's gone by fast! In no time at all we will be graduates!
Write to me soon!
Vanessa"

I fold the letter, and seal it in the envelope, putting it on the bench. Marlow looks at it then at me.

"Tomorrow." I say, and crawl back into bed, Marlow sitting on the fake wooden tree branch I have set into the wall by my bed, for the sole purpose of him sleeping there.

I can't wait for Christmas!

-----------

Please please please please Vote and comment :D