Chapter 31

Vanessa's POV--

Draco?  But..? My thoughts ran wild as I watched Draco come to stand between Tyson and myself. My heart beat wildly as my brain tried to comprehend what the hell was going on. Why was this happening? Never did I think this would happen to me.

"Back off Draco." Tyson hissed, Draco just shook his head at him.

"Come on man, this isn't like you. What the hell is going on?" Draco said, his wand still at the ready. Tyson gritted his teeth.

"Come on Vanessa, come with me." Draco says, I was still in shock so I didn't argue when he put one arm behind me to walk me forward.

"Never come near her again, or I'll kill you myself." Draco spits at Tyson, turns back to me and ushers me forward.

We got around the corner and down the hall when my knees gave out on me. And, like any girl would, I burst into tears on the floor. Draco didn't even hesitate to drop beside me and put his arms around me. I dig my face into his chest, and for a few moments I forget everything thats happened between us. The fight, the incident, me not speaking to him for so long. All of it melted away and became so unimportant in that moment.

We sat there for probablyhalf hour, with him just holding me as I cried. When I finally finished my cry spell, I sat up and started wiping the tears away. Draco gently put his fingers under my chin and turned my face towards him. He wipes away the rest of my tears, but pauses a moment before softly stroking my cheek.

He studied my face for a good minute before I, once again, coughed awkwardly.

"Come on, let's get you to bed." He says, getting up to help me up. We walk side by side to the commonroom, and then to the stairs to the girls dorm. I go to walk up the stairs, but first I pause. I spin around and throw my arms around Draco, he hugs me back tightly.

"Thank you, Draco." I say, breaking from him. He nods, and I turn to go up the stairs. I found Lucy pacing by my bed. She sees my tear-stained face and immediately we sit on the bed as I tell her everything.

*next morning*

Lucy and I walk down the steps from the girls dorms to the commonroom alittle early to avoid the morning crowd of students. Especially Tyson, but thankfully he is usually the last to leave the boys dorm. I was surprised to see Draco leaning against the pillar facing the stairs. He immediately got off the pillar and walked towards us.

"Vanessa, Lucy,"he says politely, "did you sleep okay?" He asks, I nod quietly.
Lucy looks between us, then back at me. I wasn't really sure what to say, let alone that I wasn't really in the mood to actually speak.

"I, uh, gatta see dad before breakfast." I say, looking at them both in turn.

"We'll walk you there." Draco offers, Lucy nods. 

We walk quietly towards the potions classroom, knowing full well dad was there to prep for first class. I leave them outside the door, and quietly enter. I wasn't sure if I wanted to tell him what happened, but I did want to see him.